So who has something like these kicking about?

Anyone else on here admit to hanging on to some of their old cars?

Both these pics are very recent and the Frogeye tax disc expired in 1986....

Very sad really but most blokes will understand, but women won't at all.

Frogeye%20July%202015_zpsnefk3hna.jpg

Midget_zps7f8bnpyb.jpg

'fraid so Tony, both of them.

The Frogeye is complete but really needs a new shell and the Mk1 Midget belonged to a mate of mine years back.

The Midget got stripped to patch up but like so many projects it never got completed. I was going to use it for practice before doing the Frgoeye. Poor thing has been under cover in various gardens for a long time.

However the Midget is soon being picked up by another friend of mine who runs a restoration business in Kent and he can either do it up or break it for parts. He'll get  the engine and gearbox, a couple of spare axles and lots of other associated stuff that has gently rusting in the back of the lockup.

One day I'll do something with the Frogeye as they are starting to go up in value and its becoming worth the effort. That's if i don't get too old and doddery in the meantime...

It doesn't help that I've 3.5 MX-5s kicking about too.

And I thought my Dad was bad! :lol: Do you live on a farm to have that many cars?

My Dad has a Ford Classic in the garage that is probably beyond saving. His old mini parked in front of that, which he said he's getting restored at some point, then 4 other cars out the front, 2 of which he still uses.

certainly not on the same scale as these but I took my MR2 off the road about 5 years back and its still sat on my neighbours drive 25 miles away from me. If I don't do something soon I can imagine it ending up like your cars!

certainly not on the same scale as these but I took my MR2 off the road about 5 years back and its still sat on my neighbours drive 25 miles away from me. If I don't do something soon I can imagine it ending up like your cars!

Doesn't the neighbour mind it being sat there for 5 years?

Nope, she doesn't mind. The neighbour originally came to me and suggested I put the car on her drive instead of parking it on the road. She lives alone and doesn't drive so thought that having a car parked out front would dissuade criminals from thinking the house was empty. My parents still live next door and she is a good family friend who we have helped out quite a bit over the years so I think she sees it as returning a favour, which works for me...... although I do very much intend getting the MR2 over to Ludlow sometime soon, feels weird being 25 miles away