Alfa Romeo Giulia

How lovely is this? Can totally see myself having one of these at some point if it turns out to be decent, rear looks a bit Skoda to me weirdly but the rest looks great - 500hp and RWD is the Alfa we've been waiting for for years!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/alfa-romeo-giulia--official/32434

amazing car. will be great value once its about two and a half years old. the residuals on these cars are terrible!

That's what I'm counting on!

I'm guessing it has to be cheaper than a Maserati Ghibli so it could already be very keenly priced to begin with.

I thought Alfa were going down the pan. A long time dealership in Chesham closed this year and some of the cars we measured for them ( new ) were dire.

Since the 4C they seem to be rejuvenated - instead of building crappy Fiat based FWD cars, they seem to be moving towards performance oriented cars.

Makes a whole lot more sense to me, at the moment they have nothing between Fiat (mainstream) and Maserati (high end) to compete with the likes of BMW and Audi.

I think the 4C is actually doing quite well despite not having the best reviews.

knowing Alfa Romeo, they will make the engine/drivetrain/outside amazing but the interior/driving position will be not so good, specially for the taller driver

I've not tried one yet but have been told that the newer generation of Maseratis are now much better in that respect, so hopefully the same logic is being applied to Alfa.

I've never driven a Maserati; the last Alfa Romeo I drove was a hire car and I loved the handling but the driving position was a nightmare for me.

Hopefully they have solved this; I doubt I would ever fork out for this car new but a couple of years old it may be worth looking at.

These sports cars are amazing but with the mega expensive rims and low profile tyres you know that on our roads you are going to be spending a few quid on repairing and replacing rims and tyres. The size of the pot holes here always guarantee that.

I think the older generation still have a bitter taste from Alfa myself included and let's face it this new one is hardly a bargain so i wouldn't risk my money on it....... Yet.

Buying new wouldn't be smart, but 3 years of traditional Alfa depreciation and this could be a stonking buy!