Tyres for my older car

MondeoGhiaX

i have another older car which uses 145R12 tyres. i think i am going to find it difficult to find premium tyres of this size from mainstream suppliers now. i have searched a few online shops, but they assume the size is in 123/45 R67 format. how do i know what the aspect ratio of this tyre is, and does anyone still supply tyres of this size? i would prefer well known make, but anything is better than nothing i suppose.

thanks.

ps. virtual prize for anyone who guesses what car it is. :thumbsup_anim:

You could do some quick math. Measure the sidewall and work it out as a percentage of the tread width. Then you can buy some tyres that are close enough to fit.

You could do some quick math. Measure the sidewall and work it out as a percentage of the tread width. Then you can buy some tyres that are close enough to fit.

good idea. ive just read on another site that you should assume an aspect ratio of 80% when none is quoted. dont know if thats true, but i can check it like you say.

i have another older car which uses 145R12 tyres. i think i am going to find it difficult to find premium tyres of this size from mainstream suppliers now. i have searched a few online shops, but they assume the size is in 123/45 R67 format. how do i know what the aspect ratio of this tyre is, and does anyone still supply tyres of this size? i would prefer well known make, but anything is better than nothing i suppose.

thanks.

ps. virtual prize for anyone who guesses what car it is. :)

We can get 145-12 no problem.... 123/45 R67 is not a size?

As for the recipient car i think...................... Hillman imp ;)

post-2-1182969993.jpg

ok, i'll put you out of your misery:-

ado16index_12.jpg

its a 1973 austin 1300gt. ;)

is the modern equivalent of a 145R12 tyre now 145/80/R12? there seems to be more choice if you search for these. some tyres i have found in this size are toyo, debica (made by goodyear?), falken and hankook. do any of these stand out? they are all in the £25-£30 price range.

ok, i'll put you out of your misery:-

ado16index_12.jpg

its a 1973 austin 1300gt. ;)

is the modern equivalent of a 145R12 tyre now 145/80/R12? there seems to be more choice if you search for these. some tyres i have found in this size are toyo, debica (made by goodyear?), falken and hankook. do any of these stand out? they are all in the £25-£30 price range.

I would say Toyo.... If you want an unbiased opinion look here> http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

they have the michelin mx tyre for my car, and the picture shows it on a 1300gt wheel! :)

http://www.vintagetyres.com/display.asp?K=...mp;m=1&dc=1

it says its out of stock anyway, but if they stopped making these tyres 20 years ago, then whats the deal? are they selling 20 year old tyres? anyway, i have found my tyres now so i'm happy.

cheers :P

they have the michelin mx tyre for my car, and the picture shows it on a 1300gt wheel! :)

http://www.vintagetyres.com/display.asp?K=...mp;m=1&dc=1

it says its out of stock anyway, but if they stopped making these tyres 20 years ago, then whats the deal? are they selling 20 year old tyres? anyway, i have found my tyres now so i'm happy.

cheers :P

Was your contact Tony Ethridge?