Evo Tyre Test

parthiban

Interesting results from this tyre test, particularly the P Zero coming 2nd (I've become a fan since getting the 360 though, they have tons of grip as long as it's not too cold)

Some tyres seem to be missing though, most notably the Michelin Pilot Super Sport which you'd think would be an obvious choice for a summer tyre test?

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15659/which-is-the-best-tyre-for-summer-performance-tyre-test

Bit embarrassing to use Bridgestone's test facility and for the Bridgestone tyre to come last!

I have Potenzas on both the Octavia and 370z :( , not by choice ! I want a set of Michelin PSS for the 370 before the summer , rears if i cant manage a set, the Octavia will just have to wear them out !

Had Continentals on my Fabia , they were good but not outstanding imo , got lucky there though as most Fabias came with Dunlops which i hate

Thing is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport is really a track tyre so maybe that's why?

That's the Pilot Sport Cup isn't it, the Pilot Super Sport is just a high performance road tyre.

I've never liked Bridgestones either, can't wait to get rid of the ones on the front of the 360 as they feel horrible all the time. Been impressed with the PS3 on the Lexus though, seems a good choice for normal road use.

Actually it could be the cup?

Think the cup is the semi-track tyre:

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-cup-2

But even that seems like more of a road tyre as well - particularly when compared to proper road legal track tyres like the Toyo R888 for example. Is this the one that's standard fit on stuff like the 911 GT3?