Treated myself to a new camera........

Tony

Nothing to spectacular but a kind of fire and forget easy model....

post-2-0-92495300-1398686677.jpg

5 x zoom/ video, came with a free memory card a 2nd set of batteries and a free case all for £99 and this is the bit that got me? My old Brownie held 31 images on it's current memory card whereas this camera holds 600 to 1000 :o

Now where's those ducks :camera:

You could've got it alot cheaper than that but never mind, the reviews seem to be good :)

Taken any photos yet?

What size memory card did you get with it?

Really ? i looked up for a new powershot A1300 online and for what tony got... Camera, Case, 2 set of batteries and memory card... i cant find anything like that for £100

I can find it for about £86, but then he would have to buy all the other bits which would go well over the £100 mark

i think you did fairly well Tony :)

Thanks....... It was just by chance we spotted a camera shop in Bognor and i thought well if the cruise does happen then this is the time to commit. I said to the guy don't mug me off with all that 200000000000000 x zoom lens or i'll walk, i'm as thick as s**t on this camera topic but i want to spend some money here within reason.

He actually understood, offered me one camera which i thought was to small and fiddly and then the Canon for the same price but threw in the extras which i wasn't expecting. I think £99 was a good deal, ok maybe i could saved a pound or two online but handling the product/ weight/ deal in my opinion was worth it.

Really ? i looked up for a new powershot A1300 online and for what tony got... Camera, Case, 2 set of batteries and memory card... i cant find anything like that for £100

I can find it for about £86, but then he would have to buy all the other bits which would go well over the £100 mark

i think you did fairly well Tony :)

Yep, camera from here at £69.98 and the case, memory card and batteries are cheap as chips, you'd get those for £15 or under. This is where high street shops make their money cos the markup on those accessories is ridiculous. They buy them in for pennies, increase the price of the camera and then include them for 'free'. For a high street store it is a good price though with the extras.

So come on Tony lets see some photos :)

Right i'm getting the hump now....... Seemingly the camera doesn't allow for image size and seemingly Picasa 3 doesn't display how to change uploaded image files?........ Any ideas before i throw this camera at a pigeon  :wacko: 

Of course you can change the image resolution - Tony you didn't RTFM did you! ;) I just have and it's all in there :)

How to change the size

P68.jpg

How many will fit on the memory card depending on size

P41.jpg

Save a copy of an image taken and resize it in the camera

P124.jpg

Or just download an image resizing program to reduce them using the computer like this - http://www.fotosizer.com/

Correction - it's a photo of yours and Elaine's garden, you live there now as well don't forget :) Strange shape, triangle?

I would remove the time and date stamp though, it doesn't add anything, turn it off in the settings.