So they have a history for damage then :whistle: ...... Shame about the wing, just be sure the respray matches correctly.

Wasn't this place (well we didn't get into details), but seems like a lot of tyre places are doing the same thing!

They're not too happy about the estimate though (it's just over £1100) so they're trying to see if they can find it cheaper. I have told them firmly I don't mind if they want to look for a cheaper price, but it has to be a Toyota approved bodyshop or I won't even entertain it.

Interestingly the bodyshop my local Toyota garage uses is just 5 mins from where I live, which is very convenient! Plus it seems to have very good reviews, didn't even know it existed but could come in handy if they do a good job.

Maybe this will teach them to be more careful in future!

Hopefully - can't even understand what the big deal is, I'm sure they'll be putting the claim through on their insurance and a few hundred pounds here or there isn't going to make any difference to that?

End of the day it shouldn't of been damaged in the first place. I, like many others am a home mechanic and we know what are and what are not jacking points so you'd think those working in a garage would know.

End of the day it shouldn't of been damaged in the first place. I, like many others am a home mechanic and we know what are and what are not jacking points so you'd think those working in a garage would know.

What's even better, is that the "pros" do it wrong, and then despite it being blatantly obvious they've done it wrong, it was supposedly the car's fault and I don't know enough to criticise their work  :banghead:

When i spoke to them they did confess they had two new staff members...... Well in my mind jacking a car should follow some simple rules but seemingly these weren't applied. Now we all have to learn and start at the bottom run but when i train staff they are given limited access and not without supervision.... My personal tipping point is if they don't ask questions..... If they do then they want to learn, if not then they might be cocksure and that makes me feel very uncomfortable.