New car

That sounds abit scary, I wouldn't of known what to do in that situation!

How do you bump start a car with no clutch?

took me a few seconds to work it out - engine off - allows you to move it into gear :)

Once into gear started the car and it bumped itself into motion. didnt like doing it as i am sympathetic to my cars but in this situation it had to be done.

That sounds abit scary, I wouldn't of known what to do in that situation!

How do you bump start a car with no clutch?

took me a few seconds to work it out - engine off - allows you to move it into gear :)

Once into gear started the car and it bumped itself into motion. didnt like doing it as i am sympathetic to my cars but in this situation it had to be done.

Normally you have the car in 2nd and release the cluth/give it some throttle while rolling forwards. So if you turn the engine off and put it into 1st what did you do after that or does the car not stall when you try to start it?

Started it in 1st and it lurched forwards and gave it a touch of gas and she just rolled off as normal. Car wont stall if you have the brakes off as there is nothing to stop the engine from turning over :)

Yes that makes sense. Whenever I've jumped a car I usually stop afterwards as well so the clutch goes down once the engine has started.