Breaking for spares....

Tony

It doesn't read right..... Display the entire car, describe the entire car and the in the middle say it's just for a wheel nut... Selling my house i didn't display a picture of it and then say all your getting is door handle.

It doesn't read right..... Display the entire car, describe the entire car and the in the middle say it's just for a wheel nut... Selling my house i didn't display a picture of it and then say all your getting is door handle.

You didn't advertise your house for 99p though ;)

You really need to learn how ebay works, this is common practise with everyone who breaks cars on there. No one is going to list every single part they have for sale before they have a seller, it would cost too much in fees.

No one is interested in the wheel nut and we all know what one looks like. It's done to stop people bidding on it thinking they are getting the whole car whereas it's only being advertised to be broken, which it clearly states - you need to think of it as a classified advert not an auction :)

Sorry maybe it's just my way of thinking...... Normally if i see an advert for something like aftershave i assume it's not just the bottle?

Like I said you need to learn how ebay works, it's not always black and white.

They are showing the nut if you look close enough ;)

This is similar to the xbox thread. If someone paid 99p and only got a wheelnut, would ebay refund them, and BMW give them a free M3?

Try it, I dare you :lol:

With 94 Million active users, and $2000 (As of August 2012) per SECOND in sales ... the law of averages says someone somewhere is occasionally going to get done over.

Its perfectly safe to use, you just have to read exactly what you're buying and make sure you don't assume anything. If in doubt, ask the seller.

With 94 Million active users, and $2000 (As of August 2012) per SECOND in sales ... the law of averages says someone somewhere is occasionally going to get done over.

Its perfectly safe to use, you just have to read exactly what you're buying and make sure you don't assume anything. If in doubt, ask the seller.

Exactly, I have been using it for 12 years now and apart from the odd dickhead who has already sold the item I won I've never been 'done over'. It's the people who don't read properly who do.

You are protected more as a buyer than a seller on ebay and paypal. You just need to know the scams, ask questions if you're not sure and read everything!

Don't let the minority spoil it for the majority.