Non uk Goodyear F1's being imported.

Mark H.

It seems someone has been importing non uk non e marked F1's which have made in Thailand on the side. They are apparently genuine Goodyear tyres, however they are not designed for and are illegal to use in the UK without the e mark etc. They apparently have a lack of grip over here and people are unimpressed by them. They are not always cheap though, some prople pay good rates for them. It would seem there is a difference in the silica mix that should make them softer in the cold and firmer in the hot over here apparently.

Have you heard anything about this Tony?

Some more info here, http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19551 .

The garages that have sold these, do they know they're not legal? They must do as I'd imagine they check the E marks.

Probably be more worried if they were bought from small independent tyre places :)

Nice info Mark H... I was not aware of this issue and will bring it to STS's attention.

So there is a possibility?

I read this thread at work today and checked our current stock, all ok. but it's not our duty to check this on a daily basis. Product validation comes from the warehouse, how well this is policed i don't now so yes it's a possibility.

If you do check your tyres remember the E mark is only on one side of the tyre, so if it's on the outside of the ns then it's on the inside of the os.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...