Horsey Beach and Windpump

Rich

We went to the windpump last year but I have never got around to sorting the photos out and still haven't. I will hopefully do those soon! Here are some of the beach where the seals breed over the winter. Unfortunately there were none on the beach but spotted some in the sea, photo isn't brilliant but it's awesome just watching them swim up and down.

Miles of secluded beach

horsey_beach_01.jpg

Sea defences

horsey_beach_02.jpg

Some shells

horsey_beach_03.jpg

Not sure why this was there but took a photo!

horsey_beach_04.jpg

Lone Seal

horsey_beach_05.jpg

Horsey Windpump

horsey_beach_06.jpg

The surrounding fields you have to walk through to get to the beach. Luckily there was a pub halfway! ;)

horsey_beach_07.jpg

If you look in the middle of the hill you will see a gap, this is where we had to walk to to access the beach. We started off further back from where I took the photo, about 1.5 miles.

horsey_beach_08.jpg

The rocks help prevent the beach from losing it's sand but the photos don't show just how high and wide the hilly part is, it would take more than our lifetime to get to that point. Even if it does there is nothing immediately at risk like where we stay.

There is plenty to see and do in our home country :) I have done most of the East coast from Norfolk, Essex, Kent. Been to Wales a few times but not for quite a few years now, need to go back there, especially with me still having family up there. I want to go down to the South West around Cornwall as not been since I was a small kid. Also not done Scotland since I was small so want to go back up there. We only keep going to Norfolk cos we don't have to pay to stay in the van, free is good! Mind you there is still plenty to see around there inland on and around the broads.