In very poor taste....

Tony

Yeah I flew over in 1945 ;) 

No we went on a family holiday in 2016 as a present for my son who had just finished his GCSE's , he loves everything Japanese and taught himself basic Japanese in his spare time

It was wonderful, we spent two weeks there and visited Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tsumago , finishing in Toyko 

It was very hot especially in Hiroshima which is a very industrial city , Mazda are based there . 

Great place highly recommend it and wonderful friendly people

This is Hiroshima close to the epicentre of the explosion , the bomb was an airburst so didnt hit the ground 

oM7ilfa.jpg

and a pic of the castle when we were there 

OVMcUXX.jpg

Kyoto (Maiko Geisha (Apprentice)  

Y0Ge8Z6.jpg 

Does that building stand as a reminder?....I think the image shown on TV portrays a backward society full of farmers tending the fields.... I have heard the people are very pleasant and my dealings with them in the UK puts our attitude to shame namely they treat everyone the same, so a classless society. 

I think that is very fitting remembering the only way an atomic war is not to have one..... I've also seen and posted an image of an archway that survived the blast and the worst Tsunami to hit Japan.