Funky handling continued.

ChannelZ

I posted another thread a little while ago, about my Mondeo and it's odd handling. Well, it was eating the inside of the tyres on the front as well, so a new set of wishbones later, wear stopped. But, steering was a bit strange, the wheel not wanting to centre as well as before.

Went to the local tyre place and got a 4 wheel alignment done.

wheels001.jpg

I've only had half a mile of a test drive back to work, and I didn't really notice much difference.

I wonder could Tony comment on the settings?

Difficult one...... You say the steering return became lazy after the wishbones were replaced, was any other work done at the same time?

New top mounts and ARB links all round. The old top mounts were totally and utterly shot (bearings fell out).

Nothing very exciting - a Mk5 Astra. 5 door in Elite spec, so electric everything, auto everything else, climate, leather seats, etc. Only the 1.7CDTI, though, but should be cheaper to run than the Mondeo. Having had 4 Astras (3 Mk4s, 1 Mk5) before, I know them like the back of my hand. ;)

Kept the better of the tyres off the Mondeo, putting them on the Astra, dealer has fitted FateO and Accelera budgets on the car, so keeping my Pirellis and selling the car with the Dunlop winters I don't like. :lol: