Tyres for 2009 Mazda 2 Sport

Tricky Red

My wife has a Mazda 2 Sport on a 59 plate - the front tyres are down to 3mm so I am going to change them - they are currently Toyo Proxes R31A 195/45 R16 W rated 80 load index.

This is a very unusual size and rating (the W mainly). Would it matter if I changed to a V rated tyre as the range is much better. I could get Conti Sport Contact 5 for example. Does a change such as this impact on insurance etc?

Any help, or recommendations would be appreciated. I always go branded (Michelin, Goodyear or Continental) as I want her to be as safe as possible.

Mat

Unless she is going to top 149 mph, which is the rating for V then it will be fine...is the car even capable of that speed. I went from a V to a H on the missus Civic cos the tyres were slightly cheaper.

As for the insurance side I would assume it's fine as you're keeping the same size. Lets face it no one uses the tyres that are recommended by the manufacturer. All insurance companies are different though so best to ask them.