Thinking of buying an old MR2 MK2.

Can you get a nice one for around £1500- £1750 or less?

There seem to be quite a few ones around from '90'91 but they all seem to have differing prices and some of the rev 2 etc seem to be a bit over priced 4k+ compared to some later revisions.

I was thinking a n/a uk model would be more reliable than a turbo especially trying to find a turbo at that price. The insurance is a few hundered less for the an n/a model. Although i would quite like to try a turbo car though.

I think i can just about fit in one, but i just need to try and find a nice one, i think i would prefer a standard model not a tuned everything changed one too.

Does it sound possible to find a nice one for this money?

If it's just for a run about a UK NA is the best bet indeed. No performance disadvantage over a import NA but cheaper insurance.

There's no hiding from the fact your trying to buy a £25k+ sports car for £1.5k which means it'll be tough to find a good one. Fortunately the engines are extremely strong and the chassis is easy to work on, there's a plethora of small start ups with really skilled people around at the moment.

Best bet would be to keep an eye on IMOC. The best cars often come from enthusiast. Just be careful, there's a LOT of s*** on the market.

Yeah there is a 96N reg for £2.5k nearby, it seems to be a rev 4, however it seems that it has had 8 registered keepers which is alot unless it changes evertime you have a new reg plate and the previous was a serial reg plate changer.

Reads like an angry dog to me!.... Be wise. :)

Where are you? If you find any cars near me i'm happy to have a look at them with you, i know them quite well now.

Thanks for that, i live in Leeds.

I dont mind travelling to pick up a good one, although i would rather not trapse the country and spend loads on trains trying to find one as ultimatly a few train journeys could knock 10%+ off what i have to spend. But i dont mind travelling to pick one up and drive home.

Could you pm me your postcode and i will keep a look out on autotrader nearby you as well incase anything interesting appears. Thanks for the offer.

Been without a car for a month now, walking everywhere instead :).

Paul Port is on imoc, a good lap, there's easily an 8.xx in that car on the right day.

Throw another 100bhp in mine and give it to Sabrine (sp?) and I'd love to see the time she'd do.