Inside Wear after having alignment done

bearman

Hi, about 6 weeks ago i went along to my local STS Tyre Pros to have 4 wheel alignment done as the outer edge off my front passenger side tyre was getting fairly worn. Had a check around the car yesterday and now both the front tyres inner edges have worn smooth :)

Pretty peeved as i got the alignment done to save any further wear! The central area of the tyre is around 3.5mm. Could STS of messed up the alignment?

Thanks

Was it a geometry or just 4 wheel alignment? Did you get a printout?

As you're in Herts might be worth popping over to WIM to get it checked.

Asked for 4 wheel alignment, didnt give me a printout, just a receipt stating 'Geometry - Front and Rear Toe in/Out'

Went there as thought WIM had something to do with STS and their equipment is supposed to be decent

Did you buy it through the WIM website? Any place listed on the website would've given you a printout and Tony would've contacted them beforehand about what to do. Is the car lowered? Where in Herts are you?

Without a printout there's no way of knowing the problem and as you didn't buy via the website you don't have the WIM guarantee. You're only half hour from WIM, I'd get it checked there.

Popped back in today but after checking the tyres they said there is no point in checking the geo with the insides worn that bad. Think they kinda missed my point that they wern't worn at all on the insides until the geo was last adjusted there.

Going to pick up a couple of new tyres from Camskill and decide where to take my car for fitting/geo

If they're idiots Tony why do you use them?!

Would certainly put me off spending £120 at a garage other than probably WIM main HQ where you would actually get the value of someone like Tony working on the car

What extra service would you get at a WIM franchise if you booked through the site compared to just going to that location and paying £30-£60 that they charge to regular walk in customers?

Took it back in today for a check, all the wheel numbers were green and in tolerance apart from the rear left was out by 0.02 degrees, would this make that much of a difference overall to the front tyres? Couldn't get a print out as their printer is out of ink or something