The worst face of human nature

Tony

Video contains an image of a suicide, no blood or guts but you decide if you want to watch.

The reason i've posted this video is obvious one you see it and read the comments left behind. I'm ashamed all these people drove past her during what must have been her most desperate times...... As far as i can tell she lived?

Up to you> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpo...?wprss=blogpost

the world is made of very diverse range of cultures and social attitudes, i absolutely dissagree with the attitude displayed toward the suicide attempt woman and the greater social attitude which is highlighted by the article. But it is a consiquence of hundreds of years of social conditioning which we have not been exposed to. I find it hard to understand with my values and appreciation for others, how somebody could in this country just drive past. However i can see in a nation which evolved through the ideal of autonomy, creating an almost human machine from its citizens, how they might come to a logical conclusion that she was hampering the balance of things.

as i said i completely dissagree with it and hope that for the sake of those who have these issues that their nations social culture evolves a more open understanding to an individuals needs.

I'm amazed somebody didn't park their car in front of her to stop others who may not have seen it driving over. You can see her arm move so presumably it's real and she survived as it wasn't a big drop and nobody in shot hit her.