vauxhall omega pulling left

mv6danny

Hi i have recently taken my vauxhall omega for full geometry. after it was done the car was still pulling to the left. i was told it was the tires causing this. i changed the tires and wheels for another set i have and still the same. took it back and now they have told me that its the lower arm and track rod end on the drivers side. ( i was told to replace the lower arm on passenger side before they did the geometry which i did). Basically i am not happy as i have spent £80 for the set up and nothing has changed. if i get the other lower arm changed and the track rod end. Where can i take my car to get it set up properly? And how much is this likely to cost? I live in swindon wiltshire. and i was pointed in the direction of this forum via OmegaOwnersForum. Hope somebody can help. Thanks :)

Hi i have recently taken my vauxhall omega for full geometry. after it was done the car was still pulling to the left. i was told it was the tires causing this. i changed the tires and wheels for another set i have and still the same. took it back and now they have told me that its the lower arm and track rod end on the drivers side. ( i was told to replace the lower arm on passenger side before they did the geometry which i did). Basically i am not happy as i have spent £80 for the set up and nothing has changed. if i get the other lower arm changed and the track rod end. Where can i take my car to get it set up properly? And how much is this likely to cost? I live in swindon wiltshire. and i was pointed in the direction of this forum via OmegaOwnersForum. Hope somebody can help. Thanks -_-

I am not sure why dint they pick up on the track rod end when they did the full geo also not sure if they are able to do a full geo if the track rod is bent. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong here

Welcome to wim.....

It's unlikely the pulling is a mechanical reason, more likely there is a geometric imbalance of forces -_-

The data offered by Vauxhall has a vast tolerance for reasons that surpass my reasoning, nevertheless few operators out there in the geometry calibrating field understand these geometric positions are forces?

In wim we desire symmetry for most cars but have to allow for the road crown on some models. It's probable on your car the forces "geometric positions" are bias to the left in either camber or castor, both of which are adjustable... In my opinion the condition is operator error but without the printout i cannot confirm this.