Best trade off, grip against noise level

tunnie

Hi WIM (Tony!)

Myself & my family have been bringing our Omegas for you to some time, great service as always :huh:

I'm getting myself a newer & more powerful version of mine, a 3.2 V6 Saloon. I had Falkens (912's & 452's(?)) fitted before on 225/55/R16, which were fine with my 2.2 16v, nice and quiet, they have lasted 36k too!

But with V6, I want something a bit more grippy, but at same time want to keep noise low, as I mainly do motorway miles.

I'm going to be one of those annoying people who wants grip, but not at the cost of road noise :whistle:

Can you recommend anything in 235/45/17?

Thanks

I'd stick with 452's , whatever you go for the 235-17 will increase road noise a bit anyhow , other option would be Toyo T1R's they are grippy and a little softer than 452's so may not be as noisy but wont last as long by a long way

Thanks for the suggestion, my mum has Toyo Proxies on the back of her 3.0 Estate, I can't really compare noise as the estates are louder anyway.

Looking for a bit more grip than Falkens, also couple of people have had them on 17's and reported tram lining.

I've managed to find Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for good price, reviews suggest very good! Anybody have any experience of those?

I can't see them on blackboots website, @WIM/Blackboots I brought tyres to you what would be the cost of fitting?

Thanks

I've just had 452's fitted to my Octavia vrs (225-45-18) used to have them on my Skyline , i think the dry weather grip is about the same as Eagle F1's although the Goodyears are better in the wet .

If you look at my mixing eagle f1 's thread you can see on my Superb also 225-45-18 i really havent been impressed with the Assy2 they were really awful when new although they feel better now i still think the gsd's were a big step forward apparently this vagueness is worse on heavy cars and i'm guessing your car is no lightweight

Toyo's are better in the dry than the F1's but i dont think anything can beat them in the wet

I've just had 452's fitted to my Octavia vrs (225-45-18) used to have them on my Skyline , i think the dry weather grip is about the same as Eagle F1's although the Goodyears are better in the wet .

If you look at my mixing eagle f1 's thread you can see on my Superb also 225-45-18 i really havent been impressed with the Assy2 they were really awful when new although they feel better now i still think the gsd's were a big step forward apparently this vagueness is worse on heavy cars and i'm guessing your car is no lightweight

Toyo's are better in the dry than the F1's but i dont think anything can beat them in the wet

Thanks, food for thought. Interesting to get someones view with 452's who is actually deploying some power down.

Thanks, food for thought. Interesting to get someones view with 452's who is actually deploying some power down.

The Octy doesnt have quite as much power as the Omega only 198hp but has a lot more torque a good 60ft lbs more , my Skyline had 330hp when I was running Falkens and i spanked it on track

XSP_6836-1.jpg