Interesting topic from PistonHeads

Tony

Im guessing he got a triumph herald/spitfire/gt6 or similar, though im not sure because the track at the front is not narrower from memory.

Sounds like a lot of work to acive his aim. I think id get me tape measure out and go and find a half decent front end to fit on instead, at least that will have most of the basic geo something like right. And a nice vauxhall rack to get round any bump steer issues if need be.

A touch crude - maybe! But the more i think about it this is some triumph based kit car, equippe or similar.

Without volunteering to be thicket of the week..... What the bloody hell is a "Woblink"

Ive got no idea!!

Excellent rolleyes_anim.gif I thought i had missed that day at school... We all know about roll centres and live axles but i have never heard of a "Woblink" :( .... It can be assumed then that if this "Wobbly linkey" if a real entity it must serve little importance commercially so we will put this on the very back shelf until told otherwise....... The wim boot shall be displayed :(

post-2-1168804105_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Without volunteering to be thicket of the week..... What the bloody hell is a "Woblink"

Had one on the Mallock we used to hillclimb...here's a sketch/pic (not of THE Mallock)...and the reason why it's called a 'WOB' (nothing to do with it being the slightest bit 'wobbly')...a picture's worth a thousand words :o probably a couple of thousand in this instance.

post-62-1216660890.jpgpost-62-1216661270.jpg

I'm unfamiliar with his works but a guy called Allan Stanifold wrote a book about suspension that mentions it. The WOB name came from

W - James Watt

O - Maurice Olley

B - Donald Bastow

Instead of a thousand words...

post-1232-1216661586.jpg

• 5 months later...