Tyres

Adie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Goodyear F1's i had on the front of my old astra, much better than the standard michelins and cheaper too. The wet performance was so much better they made the car much safer in the wet if you ever had to emergancy brake or do an evasive manouvre. I will most likely get them for this car when they need changing or i get a new set of wheels and tyres for it.

I liked the Goodyear F1's i had on the front of my old astra, much better than the standard michelins and cheaper too. The wet performance was so much better they made the car much safer in the wet if you ever had to emergancy brake or do an evasive manouvre. I will most likely get them for this car when they need changing or i get a new set of wheels and tyres for it.

Point to note though the F1 is not suitable for the rear of a FWD car, since most experience 'Heel and Toe' wear patination.

Not sure what Heel and Toe patination is :rolleyes:.

I only had them on the front. The rears didn't need replacing really they were 3.5 yrs old and had gone down only about 1.5 - 2 mm over 35k miles. Maybe another year or so before they started to age too much and need replacing, but they were ok at the time.

I mean, yeah , i knew to only use them on the front :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

I want to get some new (well 2nd hand) alloys at some time for my car, maybe have them refurbished black to give a more stealth look to the car :lol: , whilst being big enough to fit over supra / ls 400 4 pot calipers at the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Mike maybe you could help me. The wheels i'm getting from Ahmet are the 18" Chicaine. I think they are the same as yours (and everybodys). What size tyres did you go for mate?

I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position 235/35/18 all around, some slight rubbing at the front on full lock. They come out tops in several tests.

Mike, where did you get yours from? I can't find 235/35/18 anywhere. The only ones I've found are Pirelli P ZERO SYSTEM Asimmetrico

• 3 weeks later...