Tyres

Adie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Mike maybe you could help me. The wheels i'm getting from Ahmet are the 18" Chicaine. I think they are the same as yours (and everybodys). What size tyres did you go for mate?

I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position 235/35/18 all around, some slight rubbing at the front on full lock. They come out tops in several tests.

Thanks mate :D

Are they better than the new Toyos?

Without a doubt. Toyos are excellent rubber but not up to the same level as the Bridgies. Only the Mich Pilot Sport is probably better but have you seen the price of those! :D

some slight rubbing at the front on full lock. They come out tops in several tests.

Thats a bit concerning on 18's, unless your car is very low. :)

Have a look in the garage....I think it qualifies as being very low :)

I think mine is pretty low too

Let's compare notes, I'll start a new thread :)

I aint going out measuring but you can ask dave or the Prolex techy what ever he lowered mine by as I have no clue :)

Have a look in the garage....I think it qualifies as being very low :)

Doesn't look to be that low,looks the same as mine when it was lowered so it seems a bit odd that yours is rubbing on 18's.

Hrmmmm........the car is slammed low (see the numbers on this post HOW LOW

Adie, isn't your car just on eibachs ?

That's all mine is ....... and on 235/35/18 it doesn't rub at all !

No TTE coilovers mate

Adies car is on TTE coilovers...........set to TTE recommended height....which I have forgot B)

I think the techy said that the front or back was set to the recommended height and the other end was slightly lower

Mmmm.........So if I have 225/40/18's put on my TTE Chicane's can I still use eibachs or simular springs to drop it -35 without any problems??

Scareface, your set up is 235/35/18 SP9000's is that right?

Keith

Actually Mike maybe you could help me. The wheels i'm getting from Ahmet are the 18" Chicaine. I think they are the same as yours (and everybodys). What size tyres did you go for mate?

I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position 235/35/18 all around, some slight rubbing at the front on full lock. They come out tops in several tests.

On the TDI site it says that the tyre size for these wheels are 225/40R18