MX5

Tony

This was a valid question over in MX5oc

from what i understand you need to have corner weights ?

anybody in kent area have these and fancy me helping them to set up my 5

fitted jamex coilovers and now the car sits all wrong

lower on one side that the other, and lower at the back than the front

when i installed them i had all 4 set up at the same height off the car ?

Both Sam@tdi and i think he has fitted the coils incorrectly (diagonally) What do you think? Point to note if the coil platforms are manipulated then the un-sprung loading will be altered disturbing the reactive balance of the car so simple coil adjustment is not feasible...

Here is the original thread.... http://www.mx5ocforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=44362

Is it possible to install fronts in the rear? I know it's not on the MR2.

There's always the possibility he got them off ebay and they're not quite as healthy as one would hope.

Is it possible to install fronts in the rear? I know it's not on the MR2.

There's always the possibility he got them off ebay and they're not quite as healthy as one would hope.

I am not sure jon... I recall a situation over in LOC (Lexus Owners Club) where a member lowered his car and i set the Geometry after.... Apparently the car handled pants... I re-checked the vehicle and all seemed well, so we had much scratching of heads.... It turned out he had incorrectly fitted the coils diagonally. So it is possible to incorrectly install the coils on some cars.

From memory there is no way you can do that.

I gave my old MK2 springs to my friend and they fitted them the wrong way round and the car did not look right at all.

Tony - why not contact Phil Dixon at Performance 5 (he knows about you as I raved about my geo after you did my car) he's very up on suspension installs - his contact details can be found at http://www.performance5.com

You could drop him an e-mail at mobile@performance5.com (no attachments)

He's a top bloke, and shares the same approach to customer service that you do.

From memory there is no way you can do that.

I gave my old MK2 springs to my friend and they fitted them the wrong way round and the car did not look right at all.

Tony - why not contact Phil Dixon at Performance 5 (he knows about you as I raved about my geo after you did my car) he's very up on suspension installs - his contact details can be found at http://www.performance5.com

You could drop him an e-mail at mobile@performance5.com (no attachments)

He's a top bloke, and shares the same approach to customer service that you do.

I will do! P5 has always been helpful and focused on the customer, this is historically evident... I will send him the link.