More boost

I'm dropping my car off at TDI tomorrow to have uprated 500cc injectors fitted and the camcon unit fitted to my IS200. I'm undecided what to run the boost at though as no one really knows what is safe for the standard 1F-GE engine. I'm thinking to leave it a .7 bar to be on the safe side, but i might be able to run it at .8 safely also. Its just whether to take the gamble or not. :lol:

Any ideas?

Have you asked Mark him self mate ? he is rather clued up.

Shame I'm going up to Walsall tonight, could have met you down here ......... only down the road from me ! :lol:

Yes mate. He doesnt know either as no one has yet pushed the engine to see what it is capable of.

Shame I'm going up to Walsall tonight, could have met you down here ......... only down the road from me ! :D

Yes mate. He doesnt know either as no one has yet pushed the engine to see what it is capable of.

Take the car to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield Adie. They don't have a record of blowing engines :D

I bet you can't wait :D

Don't know IS200 limit, but i'd not go too close to the limit unless u have a boost controller u can step down when your driving normally (who does that? haha)

Look fwd to the results :)

Yes mate. I've got a boost controller fitted, so it'll probably be mapped to run low boost when pottering around town :unsure:

Shame I'm going up to Walsall tonight, could have met you down here ......... only down the road from me ! :)

Take the car to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield Adie. They don't have a record of blowing engines :D

Where's that mate?

I asked for a dyno sheet from mark in regards to the claims made on Fevers s/c'd IS200. I cant warrant spending that much cash on a load of made up figures if nothing is concrete. Its claimed it has taken his upto 200 rwhp which aint a lot at all behind the turbo IS's.

Can i ask AD77 how much you are paying?

I asked for a dyno sheet from mark in regards to the claims made on Fevers s/c'd IS200. I cant warrant spending that much cash on a load of made up figures if nothing is concrete. Its claimed it has taken his upto 200 rwhp which aint a lot at all behind the turbo IS's.

Can i ask AD77 how much you are paying?

Well mine is 200 rwhp at the mo. But thats with the fuel leaning right off at 5000 rpm. It peaks at .6 but leans of to .5. So with the fuelling sorted i'll have .7 right through the rev range. Also with the camcon fitted it should provide a couple more gee gees also / maybe.

As for cost its not cheap :unsure:

Well with the bigger injectors/camcom and HKS F-CON it seems the s/c will be producing the same bhp according to Mark.

The s/c wont be the same bhp as the turbo because the turbo is alot more tunable. I'll let you know next week how many horses my car is running with the turbo and correct fuelling / camcon etc :)

Also having fitted:

HKS FCON V PRO + harness

HKS Navigator

HKS MAP SENSOR + Harness

The car should now be future poof.. ready for internals...then upping the rev limiter and boost..boost..boost mad.gif

Shame I'm going up to Walsall tonight, could have met you down here ......... only down the road from me ! :D

Take the car to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield Adie. They don't have a record of blowing engines :o

Hello Mike, are you insinuating that TDI do have a record for blowing engines?

I never suggested anything of the sort.

But I am familiar with a number of "motorsport" tuners where this problem does happen. The reason I mentioned Noble is that they appear to have a good record in returning customer's car to them with an intact engine.

Well mine is 200 rwhp at the mo.

Just as a point of interest, our Rototest seems to read about 5% lower than a Dynapack Dyno when measuring the same car.

Rototest maintain that their figures are accurate because it uses a proper strain guage to measure the torque, whereas Dynapack "calculate" the torque by measuring the flow of fluid through an orifice. To summarise, Rototest measures the torque, whereas Dynapack calculates the torque.

I never suggested anything of the sort.

But I am familiar with a number of "motorsport" tuners where this problem does happen. The reason I mentioned Noble is that they appear to have a good record in returning customer's car to them with an intact engine.

Thanks Mike. I was hoping you were going to say that :o

Also having fitted:

HKS FCON V PRO + harness

HKS Navigator

HKS MAP SENSOR + Harness

The car should now be future poof.. ready for internals...then upping the rev limiter and boost..boost..boost :huh:

How have things gone ;) i am very interested to know how much 'warp speed' TDI have infused into the car....

Also having fitted:

HKS FCON V PRO + harness

HKS Navigator

HKS MAP SENSOR + Harness

The car should now be future poof.. ready for internals...then upping the rev limiter and boost..boost..boost :huh:

How have things gone :D i am very interested to know how much 'warp speed' TDI have infused into the car....

Still in production mate. The installation is complete just awaiting the use of the dyno so the mapping can be done :D

Then comes the bill :D

I shall keep you informed ;)