Nicked due to Geometry

Tony

wim has never known anyone stopped by the Police because of Geometry.. This SAAB 9-5 was involved in a minor impact (so the wife said) and required a new tyre and rim.. Soon after the Police stopped the car and have reported it unsafe/ unfit for the road due to the wheels angle which was -2deg 35' camber and -23mm partial toe ph34r_anim.gif

post-2-1164055965_thumb.jpg

Needless to say this position was impractical to adjust and will take a major impact in the wallet to correct at SAAB rolleyes_anim.gif

If it was unfit to drive i would of thought the Plod would of issued a prohibition notice and how did it get transported to you,surely not driven?.....i guess the insurance will pay out for it as it was a shunt.

I don't know... Suppose if you have a headlight bulb blown you are given notice to fix rather than towed away... maybe this is what happened.

• 8 months later...

I've not seen this thread before .... strange.

The police would have issued a PG9 (prohibition notice)

That means the car would have to be towed, fixed the re-mot'd ......... that would then have to be produced to the police station before the PG9 is removed.

Driving a vehicle with a PG9 notice means you are driving a vehicle in dangerous condition.