Rabsters Is200 from birth till.....

rabster

Hey everyone thought I would share my car with everyone else see what people think

26072008400.jpg

Ok here is the progress so far, I got the car in late 06 and said that I would not touch it I liked it just the way it was I mean it was the IS200 Sport in Scarlatti red with the Lexus styling kit standard Lexus alloys premium sound system etc.

Alas this didn’t last long 1st thing I had to change the radio so after much hunting around I chose the Kenwood DDX-6029 and got to fitting as some of you might know the sport comes with its own amp and runs a digital system in the car so no left and right feed to the amp but digital signals very annoying

100_0288.jpg

So after much playing about I made a bypass lead (there wasn’t one on the market when I got the car but there is now )

However I missed the bass that I had in my old car so out came the standard speakers and Infinity's went in along with an Alpine V12 and Lanzer Vibe Amp

15042008157.jpg

15042008158.jpg

As you can guess it didn’t stop there, I found my self addicted to putting bits on, so the fun and games started

Mirror closing module was created and fitted

14072008352.jpg

Then Hands free Kit ck3200

100_0285.jpg

Then LED Foot well lights Varad RGB

14072008354.jpg

then I noticed that only the drivers window had 1 touch I couldn’t be doing with this time for total closure and one touch system I had a few DEI 530 box's left over from a few previous cars so these were redesigned and put to use however Lexus wiring is a pain so had to put wires into each door LONG so anyway these box's also offering a venting system via a remote or button in the car etc very good in hot weather...

05042008146.jpg

05042008145.jpg

09042008154.jpg 05042008144.jpg

This now gets us to a few more bits of fun we all hate little bollards when parking or finding some one has got right up close behind the car so I thought its time for a rear view camera but stealthy

14072008344.jpg

14072008344.jpg 14072008345.jpg 14072008342.jpg

I then needed some new tyres so whilst the wheels were off the car and it was jacked up (thought id get them refurbed at the same time I painted the callipers

So from this

07072008287.jpg 07072008286.jpg

To this

07072008294.jpg

07072008289.jpg

07072008291.jpg

Spare wheel was dirty im ashamed to say lol

Then for a little bit of time I didn’t do anything was not to well etc

JAE came and went where we fitted a supercharger to a friend’s car made me want 1 like crazy, so 2k later I had one

Standard engine bay

26092008539.jpg

Full engine Bay

30092008540.jpg

30092008546.jpg

30092008543.jpg 30092008545.jpg

Car didn’t seem to have enough noise and grunt so I upgraded the filter to a K&N and gave it a full on service and it found its balls once again

But there was something holding it back………………………

ahh yes the exhaust plain standard nothing special so a friend sold me his Blue flame

it arrived like this

03022009801.jpg

Went on the car like this

03022009802.jpg

So old exhaust off

DSCF0124.jpg

New exhaust Ready NO expense spared even on the bubble wrap lol

DSCF0120.jpg

I then had an accident when parking and kerbed the passenger Rear wheel not happy, then had a brain wave my mates BMW had reverse dip mirrors I wonder if I can get that on mine of course Lexus were no help so off I went and found my own way

So here we have a box of tricks Universal as long as they have the up down function lol

07022009809.jpg

Fitting was not easy

07022009812.jpg

07022009811.jpg

07022009814.jpg

th_07022009031.jpg

th_07022009030-1.jpg

Now as you read above I fitted a rear camera so why not a front one I thought so I did

IMAG0037.jpg

By this time I was starting to run out of little things to do, so had a long hard think and realised a bigger intercooler was needed

This big

IMAG0031.jpg

As you can see the standard TTE one is the baby thing underneath

IMAG0032.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

Whilst the bumper was off I fitted some LED's to the grill to light the intercooler at some of our car meets (only at meets)

IMAG0034.jpg

Whilst in the process I changed my side lights to LED sidelight strips

IMAG0036.jpg

I also Fitted 6400k HID I did wire these in non standard they basicly take a trigger from the normal light circuit to activate a relay which draws power direct from the battery this = no dips when cranking.

You can buy these relay kits buy my thoughts why buy when you can make!!

IMAG0035.jpg

So now that I had the bigger cooler the bigger exhaust I then realised I had no way of telling what it was doing pressure wise etc, now most people have gauges on the A pillar in the Is200 or then have them mounted in the centre console. Now me being me wanted to be different I wanted the best of both worlds gauges in the middle but stealthy, so I hunted until I came across the HKS Camp 2 System very cool

It arrived like this

DSCF0130.jpg DSCF0131.jpg

Doesn’t look like much but a pain to wire in but how wrong was I…

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg DSCF0145.jpg

So all working and here is the kiddy

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

th_DSCF0153.jpg

I was happy until I tried driving and looking at the gauges then realised they were to low down so time for a rethink

Now the is200 comes in a navigator model as well but the sat nav is out of the arc luckily I didn’t have it in mine I so I thought why I don’t put a touch screen in the standard housing so I got to work

Part a

DSCF0155.jpg

Part b

DSCF0154.jpg

Take them all apart have a juggle with the wiring and you get

DSCF0156.jpg DSCF0158.jpg DSCF0160.jpg

So on to Fitting in the car

DSCF0169.jpg DSCF0167.jpg DSCF0168.jpg

Here we have it working

DSCF0176.jpg DSCF0171.jpg

Did I mention it was toucscreen so I also have an INCAR pc well my laptop in the glove box at meets lol!!!

DSCF0174.jpg

Since then I have also fitted TTE Coilovers and TTE ARBS but no pics of these im afraid as the weather was a bit dodgy once fitted I took the car to Wheels In Motion and Dr Bones did a full Geo set up car handles perfectly now and no inner tire wear yippee

whilst it was there I also got the arches rolled so I can now fit a Nice set of 18's on or 19s if I really wanted but then it might sit a tad to low in the wheel arch will have to see....

So this now sees up until about December 09 I now started to feel the car was lacking some bling!!

So I invested in the following

Stainless Steel Radiator Panel

Stainless Steel Suspension Tops

TTE Supercharger Badges

IMG_0331.jpg IMG_0332.jpg

Chrome Lexus Steering wheel Badge is shown above

Now I have done some cosmetic things back to the fun stuff

LED Dash Lights.

IMG_0262.jpg

Now lets take something from a late spec car and make it work in mine…

PUSH START BABY…

Take one standard centre section 063.jpg

Beat it with a dremel

065.jpg

Test Fit switch

068.jpg

Now make the circuit to control the car

Circuit mk 1

069.jpg

Circuit Mk2

074.jpg

077.jpg

083.jpg

082.jpg 086.jpg 089.jpg 092.jpg

So now we have the Switch In the console and we have the circuit so time to join the 2

I don’t really agree with taping cables if it’s a install so I use heatshrink and braid

081.jpg

Here is the finished article

th_IMG_0260.jpg

Security system active

th_IMG_0247.jpg

As you see the car wont start

th_IMG_0256-1.jpg

As you read above I had temporary car PC using my sony Vaio so now is time for a proper job

One pc

IMG_0322.jpg

One GRS Receiver

IMG_0325.jpg

One Cd Player

IMG_0323.jpg

One OBD2 Reader

IMG_0324.jpg

One Ipod

IMG_0326.jpg

One AV Input

IMG_0321.jpg

The pc uses a program Called Centrafuse here is the front end

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg IMG_0329.jpg

You will have also read a bit further back in this thread about my arches being rolled well that was in preparation for the new wheels so we went from these

319bae3d.jpg a212a45a.jpg

To These

f3202e6b.jpg 3b808e6a.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

My Update

Well as some of you will have seen i sold my supercharger and a few other bits from beloved car this was to fund a new project. As i am sure some of you have seen now Bandit has got his old car back this is because i bought the car for the turbo kit that was on there and did chris a deal for his old car to which he has started a new thread :thumbup::thumbup::w00t::w00t:

So to sum up i have a turbo kit fitted to my car producing 282bhp

So parts on the car are

Big intercooler

IKE engineering Turbo Manifold

IMG_0042Small.jpg

Ike Enginering Down Pipe 3â€

IMG_0044Small.jpg

IKE Engineering Centre Pipe

AEM FIC (fuel and Ignition Controller)

IMG_0051Small.jpg

550cc Injectors

Supra Fuel Pump

IMG_0055Small.jpg

Stainless stel fuel Lines with Aeroquip fittings

GT30 Roller bearing Turbo

IMG_0062Small.jpg

IMG_0034Small.jpg

Tial Waste gate 50mm

IMG_0041Small.jpg

100mm Custom Induction with Apexi Filter

Custom Intercooler Piping 60mm

UPrated Helix Clutch

Apexi Back Box

Iridium 7 Spark Plugs

Standard Fuel Regulator

06fe7b3b.jpg

8ad40254.jpg

022b70b7.jpg

ok so we now have another section of my project completed see details below, there are not alot of pictures of the production stage but mainly the finished article.

so anyway 1st things 1st i had to but another screen, after having a liliput screen in my nav housing which seemed to perform wonderfully i hunted for the smae model again.

liliput 619gl

i then attacked this to make it fit inside the standard IS200 Fascia adaptor alot of you are familiar with The walk through HERE

the same principal applies except i cut the existing screen housing apart to make it fit inside the hole

i then used Hurricane & plastic filler to smooth it all followed by primer and paint

So yeah umm here is the finished article in the car

789411f0.jpg

shortly after this i took the pc back out the car to do some work mainly software based but as its been slow due to weather lately

Main thing was to: -

install a Relay board Driver

Windows Updates

Adjust PSU boot times etc (carnetix PSU2410) adjusted by pc software

Customize background of software

attempt to fix satnav problem...

well out of all the above the Sat nav is still outstanding, don't think that's to bad considering lol

Lets start with the background this is done via a Hack in centrafuse once installed you can place pictures into the images directory and either have them rotate through each time it boost or lock it to a image.

i chose a pic of my car which has been customized

So here is before

0eb8d67f.jpg

pic after

63e7f368.jpg

so with this installed i then moved onto the Realy board, the whole reason for this is im running out of places to install switches lol , this particular board runs on USB with a 12v input and can switch 12v via relays so i have assigned 4 circuits to start with

Circuit 1 - Inter cooler

Circuit 2 - Strobe Lights

Circuit 3 - Front Camera

Circuit 4 - Audio Amps.

the software has been developed to work as a hack so once installed will automaticly install the relevant task area and buttons on the Centrafuse front End

501e6926.jpg

Labelled up circuits ok only 2 labelled but you get the idea

a6bb8100.jpg

here is the board in test status on my Living room floor

bd4f8f2a.jpg

as you can see LED2 is illuminated this means that the Relay is now in the Normally open position closing the circuit thus giving me a 12v output on that switch

when you press a button on the touch screen the button illuminates green to indicate its operation

156a5c81.jpg

the board can be set with 2 system

syetem one to allow toggle press (so it flashes the output upon being pressed non latching)

or

System two Latched output (a single press on the circuit will latch the output and stays latched until pressed again)

th_d398279c.jpg

th_81eacf7b.jpg

Hope you like what you see

Rabs

OK well this is following on from the group buy here

As discussed a lot of you would like to see this system in the flesh and know how easy it is to install, so i went ahead and got 2 kits, to be experimented on 2 different types of set ups

So here is the good news

they are here in my flat ready to rock and roll

50e9ffde.jpg

ab3a8ef8.jpg

3eee3432.jpg

b4d52cd3.jpg

If i get a chance this weekend i will get the push start part of the system installed so you can all see that running the proximity bit needs a bit of research as i have an after market alarm.

If i can however Fit this into mine then all those with After market alarms on any vehicle will be able to do the same.

I will do a full write up and picture install thread on this kit once it has been evaluated.

Here we go i picked up a Push button and proximity entrance kit there will be a group buy for the complete system or parts of it

OK so we start of with the System i removed all the wires that i didnt need from the proximity circuit that left me with a total of 7 Cables to terminate as shown below

IMG_0211.jpg

i then moved on to narrowing these down for install purpose due to the fcat i have a after-market alarm on the car it makes it interesting to install.

With a after-market alarm i need to be able to activate and de active the alarm in doing so this will unlock the doors and turn off the immobiliser.

so my way of doing this was to mimic the operation of the lock and unlock on a G5 remote i disabled all other buttons PERMANENTLY and here is the result of that

IMG_0214.jpg

so once i had tested this by shorting the 2 wires together the car locked and unlocked accordingly.

now with this in mind i worked out the best way to take the lock and unlock signals from the proximity unit and have them bboth trigger the clifford alarm.

THis was done by taking a relay adding 2 diodes to one side of the coil

then the lock wire went to one diode the Unlock wire went to the other give a constant 12v to the other side of the coil on the relay.

IMG_0207.jpg

in doing this it stopped the circuit getting any feedback into the main Brain whilst allowing both Lock and unlock to trigger the same switch.

i then made this a little neater and dressed the cables

IMG_0210.jpg

so now onto the fitting of the unit

Rear mounted antenna position

IMG_0223.jpg

Front mounted antenna Position

IMG_0215.jpg

I also put the by pass unit in here as well so everything is nice and hidden

i ran the cables from the front to the rear of the car under the carpet as shown here

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Once all the cables were routed through it was time to connect up all the connections you need are located by the steering column

Constant 12v (red) 18AWG

ACC 12v (Small Red) 18AWG

Ground (Black) 22AWG

to trigger the lock and unlock

Lock (Green) 18AWG

unlock (Blue) 18AWG

th_IMG_0226.jpg

Scarlatti Red Is200 sport With Full Factory Body kit

(bumper and kit re-sprayed in 2007)

Colour Coded Sport Grill

Suspension and Wheels

TTE Anti Roll Bars

TTE Coil over’s 45mm

19" vermiri Wheels

Engine/Turbo

Bigger intercooler

Uprated Earthing kit

HKS Camp 2

Boost sensor

OIL Temp Sensor

EGT Sensor

OBD Reading

IKE engineering Turbo Manifold

Ike Engineering Down Pipe 3â€

IKE Engineering Centre Pipe

AEM FIC (fuel and Ignition Controller)

550cc Injectors

Supra Fuel Pump

Stainless stel fuel Lines with Aeroquip fittings

GT30 Roller bearing Turbo

Tial Waste gate 50mm

100mm Custom Induction with Apexi Filter

Custom Intercooler Piping 60mm

UPrated Helix Clutch

Apexi Back Box

Iridium 7 Spark Plugs

Standard Fuel Regulator

Cosmetic Inside / Outside

blue Silicone Hoses

Red Cable Tubing

Painted Callipers

Stainless Steel Radiator Panel

Stainless Steel Suspension Tops

Relocated Front Horns

Stainless Steel Aircon Rings

Smoked Rear Lights

Arches Rolled

Stainless Steel Lexus badge

Stainless steel Kanji badge

Lighting Internal/External

6000k HID Dipped Beam

6400k Main Beam

8000k Fog lights

LED Eye brow Side lights

PACE car strobes

Intercooler Lights

Blue foot well Lights

Blue Ignition Ring

Fog to Brake Conversion

In Car Toys

Reverse Camera

Reverse Dip mirror

Front mounted camera

Custom Dash Pc system (full Touchscreen)

7" touch screen in Nav Housing (HKS Camp 2)

Auto Window roll up on arming

One Touch on all Windows

Clifford Avant Guard 5.5

Clifford Call Guard

Push Start Ignition

Blue Instrument Cluster

remote start

Leather Arm rest

Full Leather Interior

Custom Touchscreen Radio system

HD radio

Carnetix PSU2410

Acer Aspire Revo

Car Pc/sat Nav

USb Video Input

Proximity lock/unlock

Great work with the leccy stuff , i'm not so good when it comes to that , going to wire in a seperate fusebox this weekend as there are only so many feed you can take from the fag lighter, i'm dreading it . let alone some of the spaghetti you have there