Hello Tony - would like you to set my SW20 up!....

Zircon

I came down about 12 months ago with Adam Larman (white MR2 Turbo) in my old E36 coupe.

I am long overdue a visit with my SW20 MR2 for you to set up for me, but I would like to gauge pricing and some other variables first if I may?

About the car:

My MR2 is a UK N/A Rev2 that has been converted to run a Rev3 Turbo engine.

DSC_0519.jpg

These are my chassis mods:

1/ GAB Revo Stroke gas coilovers with camber adjustable pillow ball front top mounts and fixed camber pillow ball rear top mounts. As you can see above - the ride is not bottomed out.

2/ Poly bushes all round

3/ TRD front ARB

4/ Tein pillow ball front arm bars

5/ Tom's RCA's (for want of a better name following your recent thread) These are fixed point camber adjustable but I would prefer to adjust the camber through the front top mounts and rear camber bolts.

6/ 16" x 7.5 / 8" staggered wheels

7/ Tom's front under body brace

8/ TRD front and rear fixed adjustment strut braces

Right - where to begin......

The only bits that I do not have fitted yet are the RCA's and camber bolts.

Questions to you:

1/ How much would you charge to fit the RCA's and camber bolts if I was having the suspension set up by you?

As part of a full geo setup :

2/ The coilovers require dropping to enable the front camber adjustment (they are infinite adjustment type)

3/ The coilovers have been in the same position for some time. They are a little corroded and one of the lock-rings is missing. I have not disturbed them in case I brake something. If I use penetrating fluid a couple of times over X weeks before coming to you, would you be confident in freeing them up? I am probably being a woos. They are not leaking and ride just fine. They aren't massively corroded, just a bit.

4/ Would I notice the benefit of corner weighting for road use?

5/ I have almost given up finding a rear TRD ARB at a good price. Would you recommend I got a pair of white line items - is the back just as essential as the front?

Could you give me a price for :

1/ Fitting the RCA's and camber bolts

2/ Doing a full laser set-up for fast road driving with and without corner weighting of the coilovers.

Many thanks

Rob

Rob i need to talk to you before i post the prices in wim..... Can you pm me a contact number please.

Aaah yeah - fair point.

I work in an area of low phone coverage but I should be able to pick up a call.

My number is 07769 866419 - any time is fine.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the call today Tony - much appreciated.

Couple of things that I should have asked you:

Should I get the extended length track rod ends http://www.technotoytuning.com/media/produ...er_tie_rods.jpg and put on when the RCA's go on - I presume this will also help improve steering / handling?

Will I notice a difference in quality of handling if I get an upgraded rear ARB to match my front?

I might as well get everything on the car or at least purchased before I come in for the geo setup.

Many thanks.

Rob

interesting reading so far, im also yet to have mine done.....

Thanks - I got fed up with chatting about it on MR2OC and IMOC - thought I would arrange to get the experts to set it up once and for all!

as always theres so much "theory" (and i use the term loosely) that floats around mr2oc and imoc, i frequent them daily..... people always suggesting their mates settings "as theyre really good" but never on those forums have i recieved an experts comment or suggestion like Tony just did. :rolleyes:

Hi Tony,

I've got a similar spec car (well ok, not quite as nice) but I'm definitely in need of your expertise as well to help set the car up.

Is it best to give you a call, or PM a number for when it's easier for yourself to chat ?

Hi ya.... It's always best we talk, pm me your number or call me on 07948 427383, even now is fine since i'm at work online.

Tony - couple of things I forgot to ask you......

Should I get the extended length track rod ends http://www.technotoytuning.com/media/produ...er_tie_rods.jpg and put on when the RCA's go on - I presume this will also help improve steering / handling?

Will I notice a difference in quality of handling if I get an upgraded rear ARB to match my front?

I might as well get everything on the car or at least purchased before I come in for the geo setup.

Many thanks.

Rob

Hi Tony,

I've got a similar spec car (well ok, not quite as nice) but I'm definitely in need of your expertise as well to help set the car up.

Is it best to give you a call, or PM a number for when it's easier for yourself to chat ?

Hi ya.... It's always best we talk, pm me your number or call me on 07948 427383, even now is fine since i'm at work online.

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for taking time to have a chat, I really appreciate it.

I'll start another thread tomorrow and post up some photo's.

:(

No problem.....

To explain to members i'm not keeping anything secret, it's more the fact these modified cars cannot have a "text" solution without the reply being 15 pages long. It's more efficient i talk to the owner and explain his/ her options. The final results will become visible here eventually :(

• 2 weeks later...

The eagle has landed.

I need to drill the steering knuckles out to fit the new track rod end couplings - the drill bit came with the set.

How would you feel about drilling these for me Tony?

My old man says he can do it but it might be easier to do it in one go???......

I'm good for this....... Even knock of some labour time since this kit is new to us.

Excellent - let me mull it over and I will book a weekday off work to come and get the car set up.

I have 2x car insurances due next month so I need to decide on the best route of action. I know we discussed it on the phone, but would you reckon fitting my RCA's and these track rod ends could happen in an hour and a half or am I way out?

Thanks B)

I'm good for this....... Even knock of some labour time since this kit is new to us.

Excellent - let me mull it over and I will book a weekday off work to come and get the car set up.

I have 2x car insurances due next month so I need to decide on the best route of action. I know we discussed it on the phone, but would you reckon fitting my RCA's and these track rod ends could happen in an hour and a half or am I way out?

Thanks B)

Should be easy..... Don't worry wim is not some money eating corporation, if thing take longer then fine on my behalf, i'm not concerned with the money.

Sorry Tony, wasn't trying to come across as a charity case, just have all my bills due at once.

I have been to you guys before and was very pleased. Don't want to be one if those people who turn up wanting stuff for next to nothing - after all, you are running a business!

Will figure our a day early march and give you a bell.