Hello Tony - would like you to set my SW20 up!....

Zircon

How are you fixed for Monday 14th March?

If that is good with your diary then I will book the day off and we can crack on with it.

I would like to do what I did with my old E36 and post up pictures of the day and what you guys offer on the MR2 forums. As you say, people expect a lot of adjustment on the MR2 when there is less than you would expect and it might help to give people some idea of the modifications that allow the extra flexibility whilst showcasing WIM and get you some additional custom.....

B)

Hi Tony

Just getting the last couple of things ordered for the 14th - and I need your advice on washers....

The RCA bolts don't have any apart from on one bolt where a washer was stuck onto the head of the bolt. I have prised it off and it is just a regular 1mm thick ring type washer.

I am feeling that I should put some shake-proof washers on - would you agree, or should I get some spring washers (the ones with a cut in that are slightly twisted?

Thanks

Rob

How long are the bolts?...... Can they support a split washer.

They are M10 and M12 equivallent sized with between 40mm and 60mm in threaded length. The remaining washer that was on the kit which I suspect is original is 1mm thick. I think sprung washers are about that thick too aren't they?

Tis a lovely motor mate, make sure you take loads of pics as the work is being done....The WIM crew are used to the paparazzi :lol:

Thanks mate - yeah I will definitely take some pics and put up on the MR2 forums to attract some more business for WIM.

With all the help Tony gives on this forum I wouldn't take my cars anywhere else for alignment......

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting childishly excited now!

Split washers have arrived, as have Eibach camber bolts for the rear.

Few concerns though: Clearance from castle nut to rim after the 25mm front RCA's go on (should just about clear with any luck), having clearance between tire and rear coilover spring with the eibach camber bolts in use and getting the right bolts in the right places!

I love days off work spent on improving the car.....