Golf MK4 geometry settings please

Liamrus

hi there ive been told to post up on here by a local tracking centre as i may be able to get some better results as there hunter system will only track to oem factory figures

so here goes a little information to help you guys

golf mk4 gti

t reg 1999

lowerd on adjustable coilovers 60-70mm

adjustable droplinks fitted

im just loooking for the information that the garage may need if anyone could help i would be much appreciative

thankyou liam

Welcome to WIM Liam.

This is where knowledge comes in, they take the readings and then set the geo to how you want it, standard, fast road etc. I think the golf has front adjustable camber so this will obviously need to be adjusted considering how low you've gone. If they don't know how to set the geo differently to the oem data I would go somewhere else. Tony may disagree with me though, he should be on soon.

Did they measure the geo, do you have a report of what the current readings are?

Welcome to WIM Liam.

This is where knowledge comes in, they take the readings and then set the geo to how you want it, standard, fast road etc. I think the golf has front adjustable camber so this will obviously need to be adjusted considering how low you've gone. If they don't know how to set the geo differently to the oem data I would go somewhere else. Tony may disagree with me though, he should be on soon.

Did they measure the geo, do you have a report of what the current readings are?

well its a local garage that everyone had recomended to me there called chemix they have the hunter tracking system wich they say is 1 of 3 in the midlands all i have done is lowerd the vehicle so i cant figure out to myself how they couldnt track the vehicle as im desperately need it done really as i have removed my subframe and so on replaced all bushes for poly bushes and my steering wheel is off to the right aroun d 70 degrees if somebody could recomend somewere elsewhere that would be great

Hello Liam

When you say adjustable coilovers are they camber adjustable or just height and dampening?

I know chemix very well so if their current attitude is OEM settings only, someone with knowledge has left the centre.

If we are to establish a set-up for you i need to know how adjustable you have made the chassis and i need to know your intention for the car.... Road/ race/ drift and so on.