Not happy flaming camber kit!

Rich

Got to me parents in Essex ok early this afternoon (60 miles). I took my mum and brother to the church and my missus and son were also in the car. All the way there, there was this terrible squeaking and knocking noise. I thought it was coming from the rear and something to do with the extra weight. When we got home I went out by myself and the squeaking/knocking was still there :thumbsup_anim: I've had some knocking recently but thought it was the front drop links as they needs replacing.

I had a look around the car and everything look ok, popped the bonnet and checked the top plates for the adjusters, one (the N/S) was spinning freely and the nut for the top mount was protruding past the suspension turret! :o Got the plate off and from what I can see I think the adjuster on the camber kit has sheared off! :thumbsup_anim: Managed to get some washers on it which stopped the noises so I could get home but I've now got to spend Thursday taking it apart to see what the actual problem is.

The last part on the right hand side of this photo, you can see the adjuster on the top mount, I think it's this bit that has sheared.

post-438-1203531148.jpg

I found the old top plate that was replaced by the new one last night so put that on there and did it up tight. It's stopped the noises for now so at least no one is looking as I drive past! This is the side that I kept telling you about Tony, the top plate being loose and I could turn it by hand.

I'm struggling to understand what's sheared?

Photo in first post, the part on the right hand side is the adjuster. There is a small circle welded on the top, which has a hole in the middle (for piston) and the square hole (to adjust camber). I think it's this small circle part that has sheared from what I could see.

Looks intact :lol:

This is my spare! ;)

Your pulling mt chain today aren't you :huh:

How could it be the one that's on the car when I'm taking it off tomorrow :rolleyes: I just said it's another photo to show the adjuster :)

Looks like I was right eh Tony :)

Had these on for over 2 years and after countless geo's trying to get the angles right so I got even tyre wear, which didn't compromise the handling I was just never happy. After putting the standard mounts back on the camber and castor angles are pretty much perfect now! :rolleyes:

The drive home yesterday and last night was brilliant, although I couldn't push it too much as I have budget tyres on the front now. The pulling has gone and the steering seems to return to the centre abit quicker as well but I need to get on the motorway as well. I think I might actually enjoy driving the car again :)

• 3 months later...