corsa b lowered 60mm need geometry specs

sammyp

hello im sam, im new to the forums and have never posted anything before, i need help with my corsa b camber settings. the front tyres have bad tyre wear on the inside edges due to negative camber, ive rang my local garage and they've told me i need to no the settings because iv lowered my car 60mm and they cant use the standard setting for a corsa b? can anybody help please?

Hi Sam

A few questions...

1: Are you on stock wheels, if not what size do you have and do you know the off-set.

2: What year is the car

3: Does it have power steering

4: Is it a sport or GSI

5: Intentions for car... Daily drive, track, drift, hill..... or whatever?

Welcome to WIM :lol:

Tony, does the corsa have adjustable front camber then?

Yep..... Twin pinch bolts at the bottom of the leg to hub.

Interesting that Vauxhall have done that, I would've thought only front toe could be adjusted.

Welcome to WIM :lol:

Tony, does the corsa have adjustable front camber then?

Yep..... Twin pinch bolts at the bottom of the leg to hub.

Interesting that Vauxhall have done that, I would've thought only front toe could be adjusted.

Most of the VX range have adjustable front camber, with a huge range to boot. This Corsa should be an easy fix once i have all the details.

hello thanx for the reply,

1) 15 inch cavalier gsi alloys and i dont no the offset

2) its W reg 2000

3) No power steering

4) neither its 1.0 12v 3cyl

5) erm daily drive but i like how it handles now really grippy road islands and tight winedy country lanes if you get me

Normally the front camber/ toe position is dependant on where the rear sits..... Since yours is a beam it can be assumed the camber is around stock because the dampers are near vertical meaning the 60mm drop won't effect the rear camber..

In view of the above i would set the front camber to -50' and toe 0.

Thanx for that mate, il get the car down the local garage to set the camber and toe angles and il let u no how much it was out.

Another question, what difference do powerflex bushes make over standard bushes to the handling and feel of the car?

Are they worth buying?

if i change the bushes, should i change them before i have my wheels aligned and camber and toe set?

Your talking these

post-2-1285960011.jpg

The unknown factor here is the actual rear camber positions. If they are still near stock then the -50' front camber will work fine, if you take the front camber any lower the car will oversteer like a dog.

As for the Polly's, i wouldn't bother, they make the ride crashy and can be high maintenance, in truth Polly's are for the track.

thanx for the advice on polys save me a couple of quid, and il find out what the rear camber when its on the laser alignment machine.

is the -50° camber going to get rid of the excessive tyre wear? because iv had these tyres from new bout 6 months and inside edge is completely bald?

Each degree of measurement holds 60 minutes, so 60 minutes= 1 degree. Zero degrees means the wheel is perfectly vertical, a negative sign "-" means the top of the wheel leans inwards toward the car, absence of the negative sign is by default a positive position/ movement.

Just to complicate matters there's two forms of division....

1: Degrees and minutes where each degree is divided by 60' or divisions ( moment of arc )

2: Decimal degrees and minutes where each degree is divided by 100' or divisions ( moment of ark )

I prefer degrees and minutes because this is easier for students and customers to understand.

thanx i understand i do know bout degrees and minutes from what i learnt at college, i feel thick now haha. I should get my tyres delivered monday and the car might be aligned either monday or tuesday so ill keep you up dated thanx again for the help

well there isn't no problems with the rear camber as far as i no, because they look straight compared to the fronts and the tyres are brand new still (i fitted a set of 4 tyres bout 6months ago). i think its jus the front camber that needs sorting out.

I didnt get my tyres today so as soon as i get them i can get the camber sorted.