WIM Visit

Took my Evo 6 into WIM today , I had changed a load of bushes and the rack ends as well as a few other bits and bobs so settings were all over the place

But a bit of background first

Since I bought the car last October I always felt the front end was twitchy especially when pushing hard it just changed direction too easy very little feedback, not a problem as such but you felt you needed to keep a good hold on it , I just thought this was just an Evo thing

Shortly after buying it I decided to lower it firstly because it looked a bit ridiculous and secondly as i figured the springs were probably a little weak, I'd hoped after fitting some Eibach progressive lowering springs and getting the alignment done it would sort it but it didnt , i even hoped that fitting new rack ends and track rod ends would help but no difference there either

But now its all been set up correctly, what a difference, I dont know exactly what specific adjustment has made the difference but the car is transformed , the steering feels properly weighted now , the car wants to go straight, a bump in the road would throw it off line before , the difference on the motorway is amazing its far more relaxing , i know it sounds silly but would find myself tensing up when driving the car on the motorway and used to have to make a concious effort to relax

Of course everything else feels good as well , threw it down a few twisty roads on the way home and it feels well planted but then it always did , grip on these cars is impressive

Many thanks to all

Oh and BTW the knocking noise from the rear mustve been the stone it didnt happen at all on the way home

Thanks for the positive feedback :oneeyed01:

lol stone in the rear corner trim, i never would have found that.....oh if you pm your reg number I'll put up what changes were made so you can read it and take some time to digest the jargon. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive feedback :oneeyed01:

lol stone in the rear corner trim, i never would have found that.....oh if you pm your reg number I'll put up what changes were made so you can read it and take some time to digest the jargon. :rolleyes:

Reg on the sheet i got was E6 VDO

I have the sheet i was given but dont know what has transformed the steering as the toe and caster is around the same as it was last time ,the camber has gone from 1.12 to 1.28

On the Evo chassis minutes matter..... The rear was distressed before you changed the arms from what i gather from your conversation and now the rear toe/camber has the correct balance in regard to the front positions, she should now feel planted with the power option for progressive oversteer.

Real nice car i have to say..... I even kicked a tyre on my Lotus before the drive home :oneeyed01:

Well here we go full history the first sheet is from the previous owner done about 5000 miles ago (Not many cars get alignment done 3 times in 5000 miles i bet )!!

Car was totally stock when this was done ie stock ride height stock springs and ARB.

001.jpg

Second sheet is after fitting lowering springs and new ARB (Had to remove the rear lower arms to do this hence the figures being way out )

002.jpg

Finally sheet from yesterday

Alignment001.jpg

I cant see any glaring differences to how the car has been set up but the first two settings made the steering feel twitchy and now the car feels like it actually wants to go straight and needs steering to make it deviate from that , before a bump in the road could have the car moving around

Well here we go full history the first sheet is from the previous owner done about 5000 miles ago (Not many cars get alignment done 3 times in 5000 miles i bet )!!

Car was totally stock when this was done ie stock ride height stock springs and ARB.

001.jpg

Second sheet is after fitting lowering springs and new ARB (Had to remove the rear lower arms to do this hence the figures being way out )

002.jpg

Finally sheet from yesterday

Alignment001.jpg

I cant see any glaring differences to how the car has been set up but the first two settings made the steering feel twitchy and now the car feels like it actually wants to go straight and needs steering to make it deviate from that , before a bump in the road could have the car moving around

First report and our is measured in degrees and minutes the other one is decimal degrees and minutes. Our final settings or more neutral with slightly more camber.

Thanks for the positive feedback :lol:

lol stone in the rear corner trim, i never would have found that.....oh if you pm your reg number I'll put up what changes were made so you can read it and take some time to digest the jargon. :)

Reg on the sheet i got was E6 VDO

I have the sheet i was given but dont know what has transformed the steering as the toe and caster is around the same as it was last time ,the camber has gone from 1.12 to 1.28

oh yeah I misread the plate when I typed it in didn't I.......? :o

TBH the new parts you had put on would have helped out a great deal but that improvement was hidden (if you will) untill the geometry was set properly.