Lexus IS250

They do but not as bad as the IS200...Tony has done extensive research and re-done the geometry for both the IS200 and IS250....I see you have a Vauxhall vectra...do you have an IS250 also or are you going to buy one.?

Does the Lexus IS250 tend to have the same geometry issues going on as the IS200 has?

Cheers Pete

Short answer is no they do not. Tony has used my 250 as a test case from new and we measured against the geometry measurements I 'acquired' from a Lexus dealership. Lexus haven't made the same mistake as they did with the IS200, as the car can be set up correctly within the Lexus tolerances, which are:

Front Geometry

Toe: 07' +/- 14'

Camber: 23' +/- 45' L/R Error 30' Max

Caster: 8 degrees 04' +/- 45' L/R Error 30' Max

SAI: 10 degrees 41' +/- 45' L/R Error 30' Max

Wheel Angle: 41 degrees 34' +/- 2 degrees

Rear Geometry

Toe: 21' +/- 14'

Individual Toe: 0'->17'

Camber: -1 degree 14' +/- 45' L/R Error 30' Max

When making adjustments ensure that the Thrust Angle is set as near to the Nominal "0" as possible.

Vehicle Ride Heights must be checked and adjusted to Workshop Manual Specification prior to checking or adjusting of the Steering Geometry.

My car has since been lowered and fitted with non OEM camber adjusters, but this was only necessary because lowering the car took the settings outside of the above settings and the standard car has toe adjustment only. The 250 chassis seems to be bullet proof as despite potholes etc. the settings have remained completely stable over the 4 years WIM have been monitoring it.

I bought a new one three years ago last September and it had a slight tendency to wander to the left.

Tony found a very minor error in the initial set-up and after restoring it to Lexus spec the problem disappeared.

However, the car always had a tendency to tram-line under braking even on quite gentle road imperfections such as lane lines or junction markings.

I sold it last September after two difficult snowy winters in which I found it a handful to drive - 205 b.h.p; automatic; rear-wheel-drive; no limited-slip differential - it would happily spin a single rear wheel in snow on a gentle hill with my foot off the accelerator.

Other than on snow, I enjoyed it a great deal.

I bought a new one three years ago last September and it had a slight tendency to wander to the left.

Tony found a very minor error in the initial set-up and after restoring it to Lexus spec the problem disappeared.

However, the car always had a tendency to tram-line under braking even on quite gentle road imperfections such as lane lines or junction markings.

I sold it last September after two difficult snowy winters in which I found it a handful to drive - 205 b.h.p; automatic; rear-wheel-drive; no limited-slip differential - it would happily spin a single rear wheel in snow on a gentle hill with my foot off the accelerator.

Other than on snow, I enjoyed it a great deal.

Oh that might bother my brother with regards to snow, as the 5 series beema he had at the beginning of the year had the same issues and couldn't get the car out of his estate for a week!! and was pretty p**sed off about that as he kept reminding me!!

Cheers Pete

• 4 weeks later...
We did find a solution for the tramlining by finding the perfect position for the dynamic front toe position, other than that the 220/ 250 is a dream.

That's good to know Tony as my brother is picking an IS250 up today (lucky git!!) so if he starts experiencing bad tramlining I'll pass him your way.

Cheers Pete

We did find a solution for the tramlining by finding the perfect position for the dynamic front toe position, other than that the 220/ 250 is a dream.

That's good to know Tony as my brother is picking an IS250 up today (lucky git!!) so if he starts experiencing bad tramlining I'll pass him your way.

Cheers Pete

I see very few, so i feel he will be fine.