camber adjusters

hello guys, not been on here for a bit.

i have a set of the eibach camber adjusters on my mk2 mondeo set up by tony on the meg knowledge day. recently i noticed the nut on top of the mount was loose and went to tighten it but it wont, seems to have stripped the thread. is this a major problem? i have also noticed a knocking noise from that area when going over uneven road surfaces. is it possible to fit a new nut and washer with a similar thread or does it have to be the nut with the 'collar' on it? will my geo have gone awry, must say the tyre wear appears to be ok

Dan, I had this problem with the nut coming loose, Tony sorted it with some locktite and an airgun. It's just a normal nut so a replacement should be fine. I would say the geo will be ok, I had mine done today and the camber hadn't moved from a year ago, in fact Tony had a job moving the adjuster as well.

cheers rich. thats the answer i was hoping to hear. i have some loctite at work.

good to hear yours is still ok. shows what a good job tony does.

i was wondering about approaching tony for another knowledge day towards the end of summer / autumn. what do you reckon?

tony whats your thoughts on holding another knowledge day for meg if there is enough interest?

cheers rich. thats the answer i was hoping to hear. i have some loctite at work.

No problem mate, I had the same problem with the standard mounts as well. I had been thinking of replacing the nuts with nylocks if the problem came back.

Hard to commit at the moment because we are so busy and it's not fair on the guys to work Sundays as a well..... I'm not saying no though.

okey dokey i understand.

rich do you know what size the thread is on the mounts?

Hard to commit at the moment because we are so busy and it's not fair on the guys to work Sundays as a well..... I'm not saying no though.

okey dokey i understand.

Sorry Dan I don't know. Maybe go down down a breakers and get a nut to compare.

okey dokey i understand.

Sorry Dan I don't know. Maybe go down down a breakers and get a nut to compare.

good idea

The current adjusters are pants...... I wonder if GAZ would be prepared to make a wim/ GAZ version?

sounds like a plan, you could probably sell a few sets on MEG if the price was right and get some income fitting/setting them up or even do a supply and fit deal.

you could use my car as a guinea pig if rich dont want to use his lol

The current adjusters are pants...... I wonder if GAZ would be prepared to make a wim/ GAZ version?

would certainly be up for that as i dont like these eibach ones

Do you have the camber kit then? What don't you like about it?

would certainly be up for that as i dont like these eibach ones

Do you have the camber kit then? What don't you like about it?

on my car they keep pushing the rubber bit off around the top plate and it starts knocking annoying as hell

on my car they keep pushing the rubber bit off around the top plate and it starts knocking annoying as hell

Do you have a strut brace fitted? I don't but am fitting one soon and mine are fine. I know Dan cut the rubbers to fit inside his strut brace though as they kept coming off.

Do you have a strut brace fitted? I don't but am fitting one soon and mine are fine. I know Dan cut the rubbers to fit inside his strut brace though as they kept coming off.

No I don't havea strut brace fitted ATM

What plates do you have fitted on the top, are they the original thin ones or the new thicker ones?

What plates do you have fitted on the top, are they the original thin ones or the new thicker ones?

the new thick ones

the new thick ones

Don't know what to suggest then as mine are fine :huh: