Vibration sorted -thank you

Ringer407

Just to say thank you to Tony and the guys from Blackboots for sorting out my 407 Coupe today.

It had not felt right for ages - vibration through the seats but hardly any through the steering wheel. Got worse when new tyres were fitted. Re-balanced twice then swapped from front to rear - still not smooth. The car rides on 19" rims (Dealer fit) and 235/40 Pirelli P Zero Neros.

Spoke to Tony and went down there this morning - turned out that 3 wheels were still out of balance !! and one had a buckle in it. I had a spare wheel which the guys the swapped out.

All is now much smoother - and I have taken Tony`s advice and booked it in to check alignment as the car has covered 29,0000 miles over 18 months and never been checked.

Cheers

Steve B.

The dealers still try to rip you off. Being a dealer fit, you should get the original 18" wheels and tyres back (it was a new car). I had to ask!!

"Oh yes" was the reply "we have got them round the back".

Sold them on e-bay within a short space of time as they fit the majority of 407s.

Steve B.

wow, 19s as a dealer option. Remember when the Max Power boys use to go mad for 17s, back when they were "massive innit" ?

Wheel options are a mare.... Look what happens when they change the offset, the X type being a good example.

The MK3 Mondeo is a good example...16's as standard have no issues but I've read lots of complaints about the upgraded 18's giving poor tyre wear (rear camber I think).