Is your tracking out?

Rich

A relative of the missus asked me this last night as the outer edges of my tyres are more worn than the rest. Told them my tracking is fine, it's from when I corner the car...what can I say, I drive it hard!! :rolleyes:

Just had my "free" oil and filter change at Lexus Hatfield today.....they also done a visual safety report they say my front tyres are low...you work it out.??

as follows...

inner / middle / outer

Front Left. 3 7 4

Front Right 4 6 3

Rear Left 6 7 6

Rear Right 6 7 6

Why would my tyres wear like this..? and why would i need a new front left tyre soon..?? im stumped.... :rolleyes:

Rears are fine, fronts if true needs a look at the NS but i bet the measurements are less than surgical.

I will pop in then Tony sometime soon ( no rush ) like you say "I bet the measurements are less than surgical" :lol: Its not like i`ll need my 10p piece anytime soon... :lol: :D

I get the same ( feathering on the edges) must be the bad tarmac or something..... :lol: :tongue2: :lol:

Glad I ain't the only one! It was more visible on my last set of tyres (Toyo's)...Tony picked up on it and said I corner too fast! :lol:

Works for me :)

Why's that then, more people buying new tyres? :D

TBH if it wasn't for the fact that my front tyres wear so quickly anyway I wouldn't abuse them as much!

The cars been monitored for so long at wim there's no way those figures are correct.

I totaly agree with that Tony.. :smile_anim: .To the naked eye the tyres look fine...yes a slight feathering on the edges..could it be underinflation.?

Steering wheel is a smidge of (driving straight the wheel is slightly down to the left as I look at it ) but not really evident "on the tyres though" :)

The cars been monitored for so long at wim there's no way those figures are correct.

I totaly agree with that Tony.. :smile_anim: .To the naked eye the tyres look fine...yes a slight feathering on the edges..could it be underinflation.?

Steering wheel is a smidge of (driving straight the wheel is slightly down to the left as I look at it ) but not really evident "on the tyres though" :)

Good.... Don't forget on your selling list to add "Geometry by wim", i've seen this done many times before by other sellers.

No it's your logical explanation that works for me.

TBH if I was asked that 4 years ago I would've agreed...learnt alot here :smile_anim:

Indeed and i've seen you use that wisely elsewhere giving solid advice.

Yep now I feel I know enough I like to advise others. Whether they choose to listen is another story but at least I try :)

I totaly agree with that Tony.. :) .To the naked eye the tyres look fine...yes a slight feathering on the edges..could it be underinflation.?

Steering wheel is a smidge of (driving straight the wheel is slightly down to the left as I look at it ) but not really evident "on the tyres though" :lol:

Good.... Don't forget on your selling list to add "Geometry by wim", i've seen this done many times before by other sellers.

Will do matey.... :smile_anim: