02/08/09

Tony

This BMW had been involved in a front end accident, after the repair the owner complained of handling issues and a knocking noise from what he thought was (the front). The car went to a second body-shop who couldn't find a problem and then to us.

This is the reason for the complaint

post-2-1249233645.jpg

post-2-1249233663.jpg

post-2-1249233682.jpg

The rear lower trailing arm is bent, as you can see it's resting on the anti-roll bar so denying the suspensions compression, hence the handling/knocking complaint.

I ponder how this can be missed by two other company's and i have to assume it's because the car had a front end impact and all inspections were done on a two poster lift moving the arm away from the ARB?

Shouldn't they have spotted the marks from where the 2 parts have been rubbing, even if it was on a 2 poster so they weren't touching. Do you think it was the accident that caused it then if it was front end damage?

i, who knows, what is there not to suggest that putting it on "a" 2 poster could have caused the damage?

The other side wasn't bent...... Personally i think the cars been jacked on the rod, reason being the damage is to isolated.