How odd?

Car Omega v6 sw W index

Problem: Bolts left under braking

Parts replaced Front wishbones, front struts springs including top mounts, drop links. Geometry set and stable, no play manually detectable.

Description Under braking the OSF tyre/wheel moves forward and steers the car left :D The caliper is in front of the wheel so the inertia is down under braking...... no one can understand how the wheel can visibly move forward, down and dip left pushing the car...... any ideas cos I'm stuffed on this one?

Oh and the brake balance is correct to MOT standard.

How do you know the front wheel moves? Does it do it stationary?

When you drive the car and brake you can feel the front dip from the OS then steer left.... there is no pull at the steering wheel, this 'steer' is not dependant on lock, albeit left or right the same happens... At low speed if you hang out of the window you can see the motion of the wheel, dip, camber then toe in, as the coils compress.

What is so unusual is the fact the wheel moves forward? any play suggests the wheel must move back and toe out, pulling right.

The trim height is the same ns/os so i assume the coil rates are the same and the wishbones part# have been confirmed as correct, as i said there is no rolling road brake disparity...... any ideas?

Did you say you have replaced the front strut and spring or just the spring? is it possible the damper unit is partly bent thus when the suspension goes down it moves the wheel forward instead of going down cleanly.

If weight is put on that corner when stationary does the wheel follow hte funny angle?

Did you say you have replaced the front strut and spring or just the spring? is it possible the damper unit is partly bent thus when the suspension goes down it moves the wheel forward instead of going down cleanly.

If weight is put on that corner when stationary does the wheel follow hte funny angle?

Nope. I put the front on floating bearing plates and pulled/bounced the vehicle and both wheels compressed evenly.... To my mind this must suggest play in the wishbone (although new) but logic then suggests the wheel should toe out.... but we have this caliper position again acting in front of the wheel compressing the tyre then deforming the suspension via inertia :D

When my front bushes were replaced they replaced a little part that goes next to it, it costs £25. Apparently if this is not fitted it can cause the wheel to move forward under braking as you describe as it allows movement of the arm, remember this was replaced as well as new bushes.

The Omega may not use these stoppers but they are in force in some cars to stop those symptoms. It was described to me as you describe it above, before i mentioned what you said and he explained it exactly as above when he was describing what it did and why he replaced it.

When my front bushes were replaced they replaced a little part that goes next to it, it costs £25. Apparently if this is not fitted it can cause the wheel to move forward under braking as you describe as it allows movement of the arm, remember this was replaced as well as new bushes.

The Omega may not use these stoppers but they are in force in some cars to stop those symptoms. It was described to me as you describe it above, before i mentioned what you said and he explained it exactly as above when he was describing what it did and why he replaced it.

Was that part called the 'drop link'?....... Oh and i see by your Avatar you got Tigg junior in the post then :)