ST220 wandering

Hi, since have some new rear shocks fitted to my 2003 ST200 Mondeo, I am suffering from a steering wander, generally has a pull to left with road camber, but if camber of road changes pull changes to right, which because I am weighting steering to right, car almost feels as though it is veering to right, have had several checks in local tyre depots, nothing found amiss apparently, any suggestions gratefully received, while I trawl thro forum for ideas, other than that can anyone suggest a good workshop in Dorset area that might be able to help.

Thanks

Hello

What sort of checks have been done?..... Do you have any printouts you can display, in particular any that show castor values?

Hi Tony full 4 wheel geometry check on laser equipment, I will dig printouts out tomorrow and post

am trawling forum, and another expression used is tramling which sounds close to my problem, car has always tended to twitch on whitelines under power, but generally steering was good

Thanks

Tony, I did a quick search as I was curious but the search returns an error, presumeably because "toe" is < 4 letters. Most of the results were you're discussions with Sam@TDI which may be too technical (fascinating though!).

Could you read the threads?

I found ok leave qoutes " around words

Tony busy trying to find printouts, we (yes the royal we) have had a tidy up of paperwork

Important paperwork should have pride of place :D ..... would be good to see the report if you find it though.

Tony, I did a quick search as I was curious but the search returns an error, presumeably because "toe" is < 4 letters. Most of the results were you're discussions with Sam@TDI which may be too technical (fascinating though!).

Could you read the threads?

Sure, the couple I cared to browse. Interesting how he inverted the TRE to restore the steering-arm/lower arm parallelagram on his slammed CTR. IIRC You queried the impact on TOOT/Ackermann but it hadn't been measured at the time.

Slightly off-topic but is it possible to measure the distance betwen the two arms as they articulate ? Or just look for the effects of misalignment ie; bump steer.

Hi Tony, just reading thread about tramlining, where you suggest adjusting tyre pressures, what kind of limits can you go to while trying this, bearing in mind PC Plod can whinge if your pressures are too far off what they should be?

Yes..... back on topic methinks.

minus 2psi front should welcome a change in the steer properties. what we're trying to do is add flexibility to the sidewall in order to belay pneumatic influence.

Hi Tony, have found reports, what I haven't found is how to post them, seems I need to host them elsewhere and post url, is this correct

Thanks

Yes you will need to use photobucket etc. Only gold members can upload images.