WIM Chassis Tuned S2000 takes on 911 at Bedford

conanius

Hi all,

First outing back at Bedford with the S2000 and what did I run into, a 911 !

Worth stating Tony has this as an ongoing project and gave me a base tune to start, can't say I can fault it at all, so progressive its unbelievable (see the start of part 2 to see what I mean !!) I'm going back on Thursday for some chassis adjustments to get some more from this.

Worth stating my driving isn't great, and I still have a lot to learn !

Part 1 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsbr9SB5hn0

Part 2 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DIKUMd1LDA

Excellent..... well done for stuffing that porker :huh:

I can see issues with the chassis, namely the rear, namely the "steady state" corners and twice you had "snap oversteer" both are due to the rear toe values.

I'm in the process of trying to sort out other videos but not having much joy, going to try again tomorrow night !

Great to hear we can have a play and get more from this, will be interesting to keep track of the work and see how things progress as we make the changes

You have a template and my next comments are not detrimental or condescending just how these things work?

From the template i would normally listen to the driver and tune things from there, in this case i can see "areas" due to the vid.

At the moment the chassis is tuned to high meaning the impute frequency is not comfortable for the drivers frequency, it's obvious i need to "de-tune" the chassis so that you are more control within your comfortable range.

Downside is that you will advance on this tuning rapidly and i would have to re-tune the frequency back up anytime soon! but hay "that's life".

You won't hear any complaints from me with that breakdown tony !

I don't take things to heart and know for a fact that I have a lot of improving to do, the beauty is that when the winning formula is found we should be in a position that we will be overtaking that Porsche ;-)

Certainly one way to describe it !

The car felt under control at all times, even when at the start of video 2 I slide towards the grass. People said how ace it was that after this I kept the chase up, in honesty the car just felt superb so I had the confidence to keep going !

I'll get some more videos up asap and will link them in here :-) important to note that I'm stock power, was stock brakes with the only mods being tony's geo and some cusco braces and roll bars. The 911 was more than 100 bhp up on me and he had aftermarket suspension, kwv3's which are superb by all accounts!

Glad you enjoyed watching !