Brakes- Seat Leon/Golf Gti v

jcp

Do you have a reccomendation? I have heard good things about ds2500s but have also been told of noisy and poor response when cold and do a 2 mile commute daily. Are there cold performance and noise issues? Do you supply for this fitment?

Do you have a reccomendation? I have heard good things about ds2500s but have also been told of noisy and poor response when cold and do a 2 mile commute daily. Are there cold performance and noise issues? Do you supply for this fitment?

No we don't supply.... In truth if your in the owners club then they would have more experience on this topic than us, simply because we cannot efficiently focus on every product made for every car, whereas the clubs being type specific can.

• 7 months later...

No we don't supply.... In truth if your in the owners club then they would have more experience on this topic than us, simply because we cannot efficiently focus on every product made for every car, whereas the clubs being type specific can.

I have found the answer AP racing 4 pots with Ds2500 pads on 335 rotors and alloy bells-

IMG_0909-1.jpg

They are more powerful, are fine at low speeds and from cold and save about 4kg each side!

Yep, the effect is that the brake disc is just a rotor or ring bolted on to a light weight centre which is machined so as to place the braking surface to suit the caliper position-7mm from the line of the O/E discs to allow huge calipers to clear the rims.

IMG_0909-1.jpg

New

IMG_0893.jpg

Old

Tony,

So far so good as far as brake balance is concerned -although I have a feeling the issue would not arise in normal road use- most of the brake gurus on the Golf Gti v and seat cupra.net forums suggest that the rears do relatively little and cope perfectly well with upgraded fronts.

the issue with my car was that as an auto-dsg it has more need for brakes than the same car with a manual- never mind "using the gears to slow down" it just does not have the same lift off engine braking.

As seat only fit bigger brakes on the cupra- with 40 hp more- I figured I would upgrade and so far am pleased- but in this damp and cold weather I am far from using them late or hard!

Tony,

So far so good as far as brake balance is concerned -although I have a feeling the issue would not arise in normal road use- most of the brake gurus on the Golf Gti v and seat cupra.net forums suggest that the rears do relatively little and cope perfectly well with upgraded fronts.

the issue with my car was that as an auto-dsg it has more need for brakes than the same car with a manual- never mind "using the gears to slow down" it just does not have the same lift off engine braking.

As seat only fit bigger brakes on the cupra- with 40 hp more- I figured I would upgrade and so far am pleased- but in this damp and cold weather I am far from using them late or hard!

Reads good, my concern appart from the safety aspect is the brake balance is part of an MOT in these areas....

1: Actual performance

2: Over the axel balance

3: Front to rear balance

All of these performance measures have to pass the listed minimum limits for the stock car, meaning it's very possible to fail #3 when the brakes are modded.