IL MotorSports Chassis Brace Kit

TarkMalbot

My Missus got me this for Christmas! I love it

Very well made and perfect fit. Not much extra weight as some of the Aluminium braces replace the standard thin steel braces. The one thing that is lost is a small plastic cover hat goes under the gearbox housing. Not really bothered about that though.

The PPF brace does bolt to the diff housing so there is a slight increase in transmission noise but there is bushes between the fixing to the chassis so this will reduce the transfer of noise and vibration. It sounds pretty good. Not too loud but you can hear it. It sounds like a straight cut gearbox.

There is slightly less ground clearance at the back end but the rear brace will also act as a guard when required to.

This the most noticable mod I have done so far in regards to performance. I had the Eibach Pro Kit and IL Motorsport Sway bars fitted last month which did make a difference but this is another level.

When driving round a bend the car feels more stable at the back end and overall stiffer. I have more confidence to push the car harder at the limit as you can feel what the tyres are suspension are doing more.

The ride is slightly more harsh when you hit a hole in the road as the suspension and tyres are doing more work and the chassis isn't flexing as much. The Springs and Sways also contribute to this but I would still say it is a comfortable ride.

27122008346.jpg

28122008352.jpg

28122008351.jpg

28122008350.jpg

28122008349.jpg

Thanks. I have done plenty to it considering it is a 58 plate.

I am waiting for the Hose kit for the Cosworth and then that will be fitted. I am hoping someone will design a set of headers and mid section to get the most out of the supercharger. I am half way through fitting the Air Dam side skirts but the original fasteners snapped so I am awiting for some new ones. Then after the rear skirt the exterior will be finished until I decide what wheels I want. The interior is finished as soon as I fit the leather gaiters I have and put the centre console back together after fitting the Ipod link and IL motorsport centre console. I seem to be doing things in reverse order as it looks like the Geometry will come last! That is not through choice though just due to you being so far away! I might have a blast down in the middle of the night to get to you by 9am and then blast back up home the same day. I will work out how long it will take now. How long would it take from start to finish to set the geometry?

• 3 weeks later...

You've forgotten the obvious!

It's not 300 mile on the return journey, it's a darn sight further taking the 'B' roads back home!

You're getting the Cosworth Sc to fit as well, lucky man. The Cosworth kit looks superb.

h

I have mentioned it on other forums and apologise if I have already put it on this forum.

Anyway I'm now planning to come down with my Supercharged MX-5 with its new wheels on sometime around the 22nd Feb. :crying_anim:

22nd Feb is a Sunday :huh:

When do you need to know for sure? It will be between the 19th and 24th but 23rd would be best with me. The new Wife is a nurse and wont find out her shifts for that week for a while. I can't say for sure until I know the shifts. I would be setting off to get to you by 9am though. Sorry I can't give an exact date at the min.

When do you need to know for sure? It will be between the 19th and 24th but 23rd would be best with me. The new Wife is a nurse and wont find out her shifts for that week for a while. I can't say for sure until I know the shifts. I would be setting off to get to you by 9am though. Sorry I can't give an exact date at the min.

No problem, let me know when your ready.

• 4 weeks later...