suspension

dazz33

Just thought id post this up on WIM....Rig-Pig on LOC has seen this company doing coilovers for various cars including the Lexus IS,GS etc.....just wandered if anyone has ever used them....at the price ( £579 ) i think they are good for the money IMO.and a few are looking to get enough interest in a group buy.....what are people`s opinion on them...? :)

Linky...

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/vehicle-check.a...=7&modID=28

Why do you need coilovers?...... If your intentions is to slam the car to the ground then fine.

Note: The natural OEM Geometry adjustment range is -60mm (sport -45mm)

Other than that go for a fixed coil drop....

The coilovers look and read great other than the fact they are not "bump/ rebound" adjustable, which they go into great lengths to explain by adding the oils viscosity (temperature range) as an alternative, it's not.

Why do you need coilovers?...... If your intentions is to slam the car to the ground then fine.

Note: The natural OEM Geometry adjustment range is -60mm (sport -45mm)

Other than that go for a fixed coil drop....

The coilovers look and read great other than the fact they are not "bump/ rebound" adjustable, which they go into great lengths to explain by adding the oils viscosity (temperature range) as an alternative, it's not.

So Tony in your opinion what would be the best course of action as in regards to upgrading my suspension....dampers & coils...? is it true that you have to be very carefull as in which dampers you match to coils springs..? most people i believe go for Eibach springs .(i think on my IS200 sport it would drop it another 15mm ?)..i was going to put them with Bilstein dampers but i dont know which ones are best...and to be honest ive done a search on google and it only comes up with the IS300 not the IS200 :lol:

Ive seen KYB dampers but dont really know what they are like..?

I just thought it would be easier to get coilovers as the set is already matched..I.E dampers and coil springs....your opinion would be gratefully appreciated..also in the near future i will be uprating the ARB`s...

I still need to know why your changing the suspension?... If your keeping the car and the suspension pack is tired then the coilovers may work out economical, if it's a cosmetic thing then a fixed Eibach drop and some uprated ARB's would be a good move.

My concern is the coilovers are infinitely height adjustable and each move will need another Geo, plus the one's you displayed are not "bump-rebound" adjustable so they could be very "crashy/ buoyant" who knows?

The reason i want to get the suspension changed is to get a better ride and to make it a little bit lower..( the ride seems to be a bit CRASHY) which so im told is the damper piston is to shorter throw?? :) :angry2: ..i definatly dont want to go really low just down another 15mm-20mm on the standard IS200 sport drop...and also better dampers.for better ride quality.....

Its just the front damper on the drivers side has still got that crunch knocking noise...( its had new top mount,new damper...well so LEXUS SAY they changed it etc ) like the other LOC members have said about....one member has pinpointed the cause by the inner oil valve in the damper housing knocking...you can hear it inside and outside the car.......so as its getting on my nerves i thought well as im keeping the car i might aswell get the dampers changed and also drop the car a bit aswell...

its just the price of lowering springs and dampers are the same price as getting coilovers.....but hence lies the problem whats best to get ..? :D

The "better ride" statement worries me since the coilovers displayed are not bump/ rebound adjustable, the price is great so no worries there.....

I had an email from Pro-Lex regarding their new Lexus range of coils "Can offer SSX lowering springs for the IS200 (-25mm) for £125 a set (all in UK addresses)"... this seems very reasonable.

The "better ride" statement worries me since the coilovers displayed are not bump/ rebound adjustable, the price is great so no worries there.....

I had an email from Pro-Lex regarding their new Lexus range of coils "Can offer SSX lowering springs for the IS200 (-25mm) for £125 a set (all in UK addresses)"... this seems very reasonable.

Hi tony....well the better ride comment was just because of the knocking noise and crashy ride....its abit hard to explain to someone on the net..lol.. :D the coilovers that i was showing you was just an idea only no defo commitment....just tyring to get peoples comments...well more like yourself as i think you will know better as regards to looking after my cars geo etc. :)

Would you think my car would benefit from uprated dampers and coilsprings...? i dont want to just throw any old stuff on but mods to suspension that would benefit the car and myself...

I have to say it's a good looking kit for the price.

Are you on abut these Tony.....

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...products_id=903

What uprated dampers do you think i should go for to complement the lowering springs....and would i need to get anything else to upgrade to...? cheers matey :)

What uprated dampers do you think i should go for to complement the lowering springs....and would i need to get anything else to upgrade to...? cheers matey :P

You would be wise to ask Dave about the dampers since i have no idea of the coils rates.... only downside with these is it's only -15mm from what you have being a sport.

What uprated dampers do you think i should go for to complement the lowering springs....and would i need to get anything else to upgrade to...? cheers matey :)

You would be wise to ask Dave about the dampers since i have no idea of the coils rates.... only downside with these is it's only -15mm from what you have being a sport.

Yeah i did wonder that only being 15mm as the sport is lower any hows.......id love aset of Billy`s but ....do you thik i can find any... :) no.. :P only do them for the IS300...dont know if they are ok for the IS 200....

OFF TOPIC....i will be coming in at the end of the week to order some new tyres...im going for the TOYO Proxes T1-R`s are these ok for my Lex Tony... :)

Yeah i did wonder that only being 15mm as the sport is lower any hows.......id love aset of Billy`s but ....do you thik i can find any... :) no.. :P only do them for the IS300...dont know if they are ok for the IS 200....

OFF TOPIC....i will be coming in at the end of the week to order some new tyres...im going for the TOYO Proxes T1-R`s are these ok for my Lex Tony... :)

IS300 billy's would be fine....... The Toyo's are great mate "trust me" :)

What uprated dampers do you think i should go for to complement the lowering springs....and would i need to get anything else to upgrade to...? cheers matey :(

Yeah i did wonder that only being 15mm as the sport is lower any hows.......id love aset of Billy`s but ....do you thik i can find any... :( no.. :lol: only do them for the IS300...dont know if they are ok for the IS 200....

IS300 billy's would be fine....... The Toyo's are great mate "trust me" :)

Ok cool..will source the is300 billy`s...Thanx Tony..maybe go with the Eibach`s as i understand these are the perfect match for the billy`s..