Had new rear tyres

Doodlebug

Tyres have specific marques nowadays so if you move away from the specific tyre then it's "buyer beware" time... A good tyre centre will know what's good and what's not so with a little guidance it's safe to deviate.

I know what you can and cannot fit on a Lex but i'm not so sure for a 350z for example, so in this case i wouldn't deviate from OEM recommendations.

I believe the OEM spec tyres for 350Z was bridgestone potenza REO40`s and they say that deviating from the OEM spec ones is a major probllem and can cause no end of probs with the handling of the car...

In fact a dealer near to me fitted the incorrect compound and this resulted in the owner spinning the car on a roundabout and duffing the rear end.

I measured this car and the damage was so bad Nissan replaced the car :)

Tyres have specific marques nowadays so if you move away from the specific tyre then it's "buyer beware" time... A good tyre centre will know what's good and what's not so with a little guidance it's safe to deviate.

I know what you can and cannot fit on a Lex but i'm not so sure for a 350z for example, so in this case i wouldn't deviate from OEM recommendations.

I believe the OEM spec tyres for 350Z was bridgestone potenza REO40`s and they say that deviating from the OEM spec ones is a major probllem and can cause no end of probs with the handling of the car...

In fact a dealer near to me fitted the incorrect compound and this resulted in the owner spinning the car on a roundabout and duffing the rear end.

:) really.....fair doo`s to Nissan for replacing the car....the reason i found out was coz of it being in the japanese performance magazine...and they stated DO NOT deviate from OEM spec tyres it will cause handling issues......the thing is what do you do...say like what happened to lexus ...Dunlop stopped making the SP SPORT 9000 (LEX) tyres ...... :)

:) really.....fair doo`s to Nissan for replacing the car....the reason i found out was coz of it being in the japanese performance magazine...and they stated DO NOT deviate from OEM spec tyres it will cause handling issues......the thing is what do you do...say like what happened to lexus ...Dunlop stopped making the SP SPORT 9000 (LEX) tyres ...... ;)

I have to make the best guess according to the information available..... For the Lex i phoned Dunlop and said "what do we do?" the answer was fit the SP9000 (no L) so we did, there's no other option.

I have to police type approval fitment very carefully so that everyone is protected and gets a good safe deal.... The issues at the moment are the RFT and BMW's belated stance on them..... I'm taken aback on how they have retracted from OEM type approval.