The pug passed the mot...

Rich

She passed...did well for a 17 year old car :rolleyes:

The NSF brake only just passed though as there is an imbalance. I know this is a sticky piston as I've had to free it off twice this year already. I used WD40 last time but got some spray grease the other day, would this be ok to use if I apply it carefully with a rag? The car is going to be sold so don't really want to replace the caliper.

Other advisories were an anti-roll bar bush and the OSF track rod end has play. Was the other side last year which I replaced...I knew I should've done the pair though! :crying_anim:

Congrats

It has been known to put oil on the face of the more efficient pads to gain a better balance for the MOT...... not that i or anyone i have ever known would do that :rolleyes:

You're joking right? Surely that's dangerous and would make the braking efficiency worse?

I cleaned the piston up and seems abit better now. After cleaning it and pushing the piston back in, then out, there is some white sticky stuff on it that I can't see to shift. Not sure what it is but I think the piston would need to come right out to clean it properly. If I did that would I be able to get it back in again though? :whistle: