Geometry alignment miracle!

Beans

Hi All

Apologies to WIM for taking so long to post this. And apologioes for long post. I lost the paperwork under a mountain of DIY. I just wanted to say that W.I.M performed some serious miracles on my readings-so-bad-chassis-might-be-twisted baby.

bought car off ebay: '91, 1.6 eunos, 90k on the clock, remarkable bargain and engine and looks superb.

PROBLEMS:

Steering? Alignment? Terrifying. Having spun out on a roundabout going approximately 0.2mph, creeping round corners and still feeling back end go, at the lightest touch on the brake nearly ending up in the left hand ditch every time (always pulling left anyway) and not even daring to take her out in the rain i decided serious problems merited serious help.

Actions

scoured the forum (thanks for all your help ;) )

found W.I.M

read some stuff about alignment and tyres.

booked myself in for full on alignment and new eagle F1s

I shall let the read outs speak for themselves.

http://killer.fotopic.net/c1564931.html

First visit

suffice to say, first vist, long time and much swearing later, tyres on, alignment...well... vastly altered! and pull to left pretty much cured (after a bit of tyre swapping around too)

( i then promptly drove to dorset via the salisbury plain on that B road b2046?? awesome!!! ANDi was being careful to get used to all the changes, but cor!!! MASSIVE face ache!)

second visit

couple of months later for check up - a freebie from Tony cos poor baby was so broken the first time that it would be almost like a normal alignment on a first vist for normal cars (thanks Tony) - car has bedded in... couple of tweaks and job done.. the man is a hero

Final Result

thrid vist..well.. i can only say that W.I.M and Tony and Mark between them have converted a terrifying, skittish, twitchy, unreliable car into a glued-to-the-road, chuck-round-any-corner, twisty-loving gorgeous machine thing!

and... for all you girls out there (i'm a girl).. the lads aren't in the least bit scary, they'll look after you and they won't rip you off. best investment you'll ever make, just get her done!

thanks W.I.M you saved me :)

Really glad your car got the WIM touch.and she handles like an MX-5 should... Yep Tony is a top bloke and also sorted quite a few hundred Lexus`s handling/tyre wear probs out..Cant say enough about how good Tony,Mark & Tony B are...always willing to help you sort out any matter of problems and will always go there if ever i need anything car related doing. ;)

Hi Beans, thanks for the glowing report.

I must confess your little 5 was very hurt and first impressions looked grim, fortunately for you Mazda made the chassis highly adjustable.

Over the years we have established several setup's for the MX5 so all i had to do was use one that fell into the adjustment range of your hurt little lady..... And we did :D

For the benefit of those reading this thread... The chassis was so hurt i wanted to re-check the Geometry after a few thousand miles. The reason for this is that i knew the sprung and un-sprung chassis needs to settle (relocate) after such trauma so Beans was invited back and the Geometry was fine-tuned free.

When Beans came back for the fine-tune i wasn't happy how much the chassis had settled so she was invited back again for another free fine-tune.

It was only after that i felt the Geometry calibration was truly finished and the feedback from the lovely, bubbly Beans makes it all worth it.

Nice write up, glad it's all sorted now and you can actually enjoy the car :D

Cant say enough about how good Tony,Mark & Tony B are...always willing to help you sort out any matter of problems and will always go there if ever i need anything car related doing. :D

The fact you live only 5 minutes away doesn't influence that then!! :D But I echo what you say, I won't go anywhere else now :lol: