camber adjusters

zetecdan

hi tony as you know i have a set of camber adjusters (the same as Essex Racers) to fit to my mondeo and was wondering if i was to fit them before the WIM knowledge day with MEG would it still be ok to drive until they are set up by you on the day or would it be better to fit them on the day. i have had the pinch bolts out with any problems and refitted them smeared with copperslip. my concern is i dont want to seem selfish and use up the time doing my car with other members there but if its only a short job then that would probably be the safest option and quite interseting for others to see how to remove the struts.

even though i have no experience of having the suspension apart i feel i can fit the kit myself but as i say am a little concerned about how the car will be until the day ( i've just replaced the two front tyres last week).

i would appreciate your advice and if you recommend leaving it until the knowledge day then so be it.

regards

danny

How much mileage do you think you will do between fitting them and the 24th? As you have no way of knowing what the camber will be set too after fitting it's a risk but I think it would take a while before any wear starts showing. Probably in excess of a 1000 miles.

If Tony suggests fitting them on the day there will be enough pair of hands to help :huh:

i doubt i'd do much as i'm sat at home unemployed at the minute but may interviews to got to etc which could mean travelling some distance.

i am kinda hoping we can do it in the morning especially if there are people like yourself to lend a hand, shouldnt take to long and as i said it'll give others a chance to see whats what so to speak. i dont want to take the pee as i really appreciate tonys offer about setting them up for free. (iirc he did offer to fit them when i first met him but was concerned about the pinch bolts breaking and so end up a time consuming affair)

On the instructions what range for adjustment do they claim?....

As for fitting on the day this is not possible i'm afraid.... The insurance is ridiculous unless a member of staff is doing the work.

ah ok i understand. the adjustment range is as follows taken from Eibach web site

Front Adjustment range: Camber -1.00 degree to +1.00 degree

Caster -1.00 degree to +1.00 degree

if i fit the adjusters on the saturday before the knowledge day and set everything up as central as possible do you think it will be ok

On the instructions what range for adjustment do they claim?....

As for fitting on the day this is not possible i'm afraid.... The insurance is ridiculous unless a member of staff is doing the work.

ah ok i understand. the adjustment range is as follows taken from Eibach web site

Front Adjustment range: Camber -1.00 degree to +1.00 degree

Caster -1.00 degree to +1.00 degree

if i fit the adjusters on the saturday before the knowledge day and set everything up as central as possible do you think it will be ok

Yes.... I will also guarantee your car will be set at the meet.... I think your situation will be valuable to other members.

Never thought about the insurance side of it...never mind, you should be ok though Danny :D

It's into four figures for third party liability.... And i already pay a huge sum just for someone to stand next to the ramp next to the Geo....

• 2 weeks later...

eibach sent me a whole replacement kit, not just the uprated plates. unfortuneately there was only one uprated plate the other was the same as i already had. i managed to fabricate one from the two thinner plates and will be fitting them in the morning, just painted them and letting them dry overnight. :rolleyes:

eibach sent me a whole replacement kit, not just the uprated plates. unfortuneately there was only one uprated plate the other was the same as i already had. i managed to fabricate one from the two thinner plates and will be fitting them in the morning, just painted them and letting them dry overnight. :rolleyes:

If you do get the uprated one at a later date, installing it won't effect the Geometry.

If you do get the uprated one at a later date, installing it won't effect the Geometry.

aha thats good to know, thanks.

As I said on MEG you should be fine mate...just keep an eye on it :o

ok all fitted now and took a slow drive around the block and noticed the steering wheel is slightly to the right when going straight. obviously needs the camber and castor sorting hopefully this can be remidied on sunday at the knowledge day.

i shall keep my driving to a minimum until then

• 4 weeks later...
now the camber adjusters have been on since the MEG knowledge day i was wondering if the car will need a check up on the initial settings as things may have settled etc. i dont have any noticeable issues but thought i'd ask.

I would say no..... The reason no is the correction is only in one plane and due to the type of adjuster i cannot see why the positions would settle...

A fine-tune now costs £30.... save your money :D

now the camber adjusters have been on since the MEG knowledge day i was wondering if the car will need a check up on the initial settings as things may have settled etc. i dont have any noticeable issues but thought i'd ask.

I would say no..... The reason no is the correction is only in one plane and due to the type of adjuster i cannot see why the positions would settle...

A fine-tune now costs £30.... save your money :angry2:

i dont mind paying if it needed it but if you think it will be ok then i'll save my money lol. thanks for an honest answer

A fine-tune now costs £30.... save your money :angry2:

i dont mind paying if it needed it but if you think it will be ok then i'll save my money lol. thanks for an honest answer

Your welcome :D