Swapping front hub assemblies

Tony

To accommodate a larger engine i have an owner who needs to move the steering rack from behind the wheel to in front.

Problem is the calipers are mounted at the front.... In my tiny mind i can see an easy fix by swapping the front hubs side-to-side..... The casting for the steering arms will need some work but fundamentally this should open ground for the rack and transport the brake assembly.

Can anyone see a major downside of this possibility?

will that work? will the control bars bolt up to the reversed hub.... will the caster be totally off as well...

put up some pictures and i'll photo shop them for ya...

• 3 weeks later...

well on intial thought, it should work, however you have to consider that the design of the hub is not a mirror of itself, in that the bottom ball joint casting is not always totally central to the centre line of the hub, and the shock tube mounting, again isnt always central (King Pin Inclination)

so

assuming the bottom ball joint and shock tube mounts are central in the design of the hub assembly i recon you could do it

well on intial thought, it should work, however you have to consider that the design of the hub is not a mirror of itself, in that the bottom ball joint casting is not always totally central to the centre line of the hub, and the shock tube mounting, again isnt always central (King Pin Inclination)

so

assuming the bottom ball joint and shock tube mounts are central in the design of the hub assembly i recon you could do it

Cheers mat..... It will need some careful checking but i think it would work to.