Drift tyres:

Tony

wim ever inquisitive supports Drift for it's skill and dependency mechanically and Geometrically a real relationship.

Mat Clawley AKA Monster Mat in LOC (Lexus Owners Club) now has his deserved Eurodrift licence and will be visible this season, to assist him wim asks can any 'Trusted centres' make available wast tyres for Mat's track/race days

Sizes required: 225/40-18....255/35-18....or ...215/40-17....235/40-17...and 245/40-17

No injured/repaired tyres are suitable due to the high speeds ascertained by the car and as much tread available would be appreciated since a new tyre only has a 15min lifespan during Drift displays.

wim assures no tyre will be for re-sale and all spent casings will be disposed of through registered channels, namely me.

Time to rise and shine TC's who knows what will evolve from supporting this new (UK) vibrant sport :blink:

i know the answer for the new tyres would be a big fat no,

as for the runners, i had a look through them the other day and the only matching set is 205/55x16 japaneese snow tyres, other than that they are tiny 175/65x14 and a few smaller ones, theres one 225/40x18 that has been repaired twice

i know the answer for the new tyres would be a big fat no,

as for the runners, i had a look through them the other day and the only matching set is 205/55x16 japaneese snow tyres, other than that they are tiny 175/65x14 and a few smaller ones, theres one 225/40x18 that has been repaired twice

Maybe keep an eye out as and when you see some examples. Remember these don't need massive amounts of tread but the more the better.....Is Clive be ok with you dealing with p/w tyres?

Sizes required: 225/40-18....255/35-18....or ...215/40-17....235/40-17...and 245/40-17

225,235,245 - 18 are all usable as the smaller tyres will still fit the 9.5 j rim....with a bit of bead blasting B)

same with the 17s really, 215,225,235,245...and i could even fit 255 as ive just picked up some supra rims aswell

just purchased x10 18 tyres ranging from 225/40/18(x2) 235/40/18(x2) to 255/35/18(x4) for £360

225,235,245 - 18 are all usable as the smaller tyres will still fit the 9.5 j rim....with a bit of bead blasting :D

same with the 17s really, 215,225,235,245...and i could even fit 255 as ive just picked up some supra rims aswell

just purchased x10 18 tyres ranging from 225/40/18(x2) 235/40/18(x2) to 255/35/18(x4) for £360

Noted.... Obviously by having a wider range like this helps.... Pairs are the key dan B)

These are the tyres from the last Drift event, as you can see 'Tyres' are in much demand TC'S

post-2-1150668184_thumb.jpg

Remember no tyre is for re-sale and all spent units will be disposed of through registered routs me!

More anecdotal than anything, my friend visits local tyre garages who let him just take away all worns so he can practice drifting as they can't legally sell them (?).

Why anyone would buy new tyres for drifting... more money than sense!

More anecdotal than anything, my friend visits local tyre garages who let him just take away all worns so he can practice drifting as they can't legally sell them (?).

Why anyone would buy new tyres for drifting... more money than sense!

tyres are a consumable

the majority of control is through the tyres, they are probably the most important aspect of drifting, a good drifter will have different tyres to suit different conditions, watching the D1 drifters, it was noticable that in the first rounds where angle of drift were of importance, the japanese drifters were managing to get huge angles, almost to the point where it looked impossible to keep it from spinning off, yet in the second rounds where speed was of the essence they were getting speed but less angle, reasons why were that they were using different tyres, and they knew what tyres to use to best effect