rear ARB's

Bazza

as you might well know Tony the starlet in its standard guise comes without a rear ARB, i can now source either an adjustable or non-adjustable one for it

so questions are :

will it alter/help/change things ?

to adjust or not to adjust ?

is it a worthy purchase ...£100..ish

Until the castor adjusters are fitted and tested i would say no don't up grade the ARB.

Look at this image of your car corner in>

post-2-1210535486.jpg

The OSR wheel is off the ground, if we analyse the image we have...

1: An obvious weight transfer and inertia situation.

2: Correctly set camber disparities. Outside wheel transported toward negative and inner wheel toward positive.

The dominant tyre belaying total lose on this corner is the NSR and saturation of it's contact patch is denying the full potential of the drive.

Currently you have "no" castor and this is a real issue.....

To explain....

Imagine the left/right castor sweep like a swimmers arms in "crawl" stroke. As the right arm sweeps the left leg kicks. The castor sweep is very similar in the fact that the inner wheel (lowers) the sprung chassis as if taking a stroke, effectively lowering the sprung chassis diagonally.

This lowering reintroduces the OSR tyre to the road :unsure: reduces saturation of the NSR and then allows future development in areas like ARB's.

errr.....ok , i will leave it till after the caster adjusters are fitted

was watching the clio series racing this weekend, they seem to have the same cocking leg problem as well :unsure:

was watching the clio series racing this weekend, they seem to have the same cocking leg problem as well :unsure:

Coz they dont go to WIM ;)

Coz they dont go to WIM ;)

Coz they have a rigid chassis and no castor adjustment...Oh and they don't come to wim :o

Fact is though the extension of the castor on the turn is huge so the diagonal benefit to the OSR acquiring the track is an exponential advantage.... As we can see Bazza's car is being denied this advantage.

Good news is it's an easy fix :D