Effect & Recovery

Janey

Right...a good friend will soon be putting some new wheels on his 5.

So I thought I'd get your brain working in preperation :lol: I know 5's are 'geo friendly' but would be interesting to know how 'friendly' when faced with an extreme :P

The wheels are 4x100 as NA fitment.

The arches are going to be modified to be able to fit under them:

fronts - 9x16

rears - 10x17

both with 15mm offset and optional (if needed) 9.5mm spacers

front tyres are 225/50/16

rear tyres are 255/40/17

I'm just wondering how easy it is going to be to recover any settings, and what effect having these sizes on it is going to make considering the usual max size people have gone to is 8x16/17

Edited by Janey

sorry to butt in... but 225 on 10j !!!

I've got 225 on 8J and they are stretched on...

my rears have 245 on 8J and fit perfect..

Sorry my mess...they are 255/40 :P

Will edit :lol:

Originally they had on: Rears: 245/35/17 and Fronts: 225/45/16.

That's a lot of tyre for a 5 :lol: Is this a daily drive or a show car?

Geometrically i'm not worried about the rears.... But there is concern with the fronts regarding the position of the scrub radius... My new software (installed tomorrow) can help me calculate the best set up and since the 5 has such a good adjustment range we should be fine..... There maybe a little compromise here and there but modifications are not always without consequence.

sorry to butt in... but 225 on 10j !!!

I've got 225 on 8J and they are stretched on...

my rears have 245 on 8J and fit perfect..

225`s should be fine on an 8j rim :P

Ah i know they're fine but when you look at them you can see that they are a bit of a stretch fit, i was just imagining what 225 would look like on 10j rims that's all.... :D

need not imagine anymore as Janey has amended the sizes :lol:

That's a lot of tyre for a 5 :speak_cool: Is this a daily drive or a show car?

Geometrically i'm not worried about the rears.... But there is concern with the fronts regarding the position of the scrub radius... My new software (installed tomorrow) can help me calculate the best set up and since the 5 has such a good adjustment range we should be fine..... There maybe a little compromise here and there but modifications are not always without consequence.

Its a daily drive ;) Although bodily its pretty majorly modified already & by the time all the work is done (new body kit etc) it will look even more like a show car.

There are some 'bubble' arches going on and the existing inner & outer arches will be modified to fit the wheels in/under and the spacers will be used if neccessary if there is still need for more room.

That's a lot of tyre for a 5 :speak_cool: Is this a daily drive or a show car?

Its a daily drive ;) Although bodily its pretty majorly modified already & by the time all the work is done (new body kit etc) it will look even more like a show car.

There are some 'bubble' arches going on and the existing inner & outer arches will be modified to fit the wheels in/under and the spacers will be used if neccessary if there is still need for more room.

Blimey, reads superb.... I would love to see this little lady.